Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Developed land in the US - - Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 04:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was looking through Rush Limbaughs newsletter and his website when i noticed an article about developed land in the United States, and i just couldnt help but be astounded that the eco freaks claim that we are losing all of our park land and forests, i am just going to post the articles that i found to be mostly intriging(even though the whole article was interesting), if u are subscribed to the newsletter or website u prolly have seen the picture of the land in the U.S. that was developed...

quotes from www.rushlimbaugh.com :

"out of the 1,944 million acres in the United States, only 5.2 percent of it is developed. Let me say that again. Only 5.2 percent of the land in the United States is developed - that is, supporting streets, highways, stores, homes, schools, Sierra Club headquarters, whatever."

"The rest falls under the following categories: cropland (20 percent); pastureland (6.3 percent); rangeland (21.4 percent); forest land (21.5 percent); federal land (21.2 percent) and other rural land (4.4 percent). (These 1997 government figures - and we know the government does not lie - do not include Alaska, which is two-thirds federally owned.)"

"Over four times more land is controlled by the federal government than has been developed by Americans. No surprise that most of the western states such as Wyoming (1 percent developed) and South Dakota (2 percent) are sparsely populated. The stunner is in the East Coast states, where settlers have been building homes, businesses, and industry for over 400 years. Yet Delaware is only 15 percent developed. The most heavily concentrated state, New Jersey, is only 34 percent developed!"

Now if that aint amazing.......