Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

? about 300 ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my riding buddies rides a 300ex and because he is puter illiterate, he asked me to post these questions.

Can anyone give a comprehensive "how to" on:

1. Removing the reverse rev limiter...

2. Bypassing the pushbutton on the clutch lever assembly before you can engage reverse...

TIA,

JPBRaptor

Old 10-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Honda put those two there for two very good reasons. The reverse rev limiter is the same one that restricts the engines rpm in forward gears and when sitting. This is so you don't over rev the engine and float your valves. I don't understand why someone would want to go fast in reverse, it's the forward gears that count. As for the button You have to use it, it operates a switch on the right side of the engine that allows you to shift into reverse. If you disengage this you could accidently put your quad into reverse by moving you leg or by landing on a jump etc... I say just leave it.

Old 10-05-2001, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

<< Can anyone give a comprehensive &quot;how to&quot; on:

1. Removing the reverse rev limiter...
>>

Unhook the two wires that go to the switch behind the rear brake pedal and connect them together. Doing this WILL NOT afect the rev-limiter, it just won't work in reverse.

Old 10-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know what &quot;button&quot; your talking about but I am assuming you are talking about the cable that is hooked up to the clutch that you pull in to put it in reverse. HERES how to do it! unhook the cable from the lever then pull the wire out and put an aluminum spacer on that bad boy while it's stuck out and then you can put it in reverse by just lifting the lever. good luck !