Call me a honda weenie I'm in line.

Old 10-19-2001, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too. (tries to bud in line)

Old 10-19-2001, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't seen one. I will make my judgement after production units hit the showroom. Until then any of the specs can change (for the better or worse).

Old 10-20-2001, 02:49 AM
Range Rover

I have been riding a 250R and a Banshee since '87. I want to sell the shee and buy /build a woods machine. I was thinking of another 250R and build it up. But a Honda with IRS is worth waiting for. It may even set the path for an IRS sport quad!

Old 10-20-2001, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

looks about as fun as a farm tractor.

Old 10-21-2001, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

3TV, What did the Honda rep. tell you about the Rincon's top speed? Is it supposed to be a threat to the other top quads in the speed department? Did he say that they may decide to put disc brakes up front, and a locking front differential, or is this pretty much the finished product? I really like the looks of it, but need a quad with true 4 wheel drive for snow. Can you mount a winch behind the front bumper? I would also like to see them use the Rubicon's handlebar mounted headlight on it. Does it have a spin-on oil filter?

Old 10-21-2001, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

3TV, thanks for the reply. It looks like you've covered all the bases. It sounds like the salesman was well trained by Honda to answer all the questions (whether they made sense or not). I can't see how the limited slip front end on the Rincon can be better handling "overall" than the new Prairie's or Grizzly's unless it has power steering that no one has noticed! The lack of a locker on it will seriously limit the ATV's ability in mud and deep snow, and therefore will probably leave me still deciding between the Prairie and Grizzly. Too bad---I love the looks of the Rincon.
If the Rincon is mainly a "sport" ATV, I'm surprised they didn't stick with a solid rear axle. It is the reason that Dirtwheels liked the Prairie's handling better than the Grizzly's. If they went to IRS because it is more popular, then again why not disc brakes and a locker?
I agree with you about the "pod" looks of the Sportsman and Vinson, but I've never minded the looks of the Rubicon's light, and the more light, the better. If looks are the deciding factor, then I'd leave it off too. If it's lights are as bright as the new Prairie's, it probably isn't needed.
Another feature that none of the quads come with that I would like to see is a back-up light. So many people build their own that you'd think they would have gotten the hint by now. I find mine really useful as well as being a safety item.
The Rincon's automatic transmission should be interesting. If it shifts properly without hesitation, it may be really good.
Come on Honda! Change your mind on this machine. Put a front locker on it. Put on front discs. Make sure the steering is REALLY light. Make sure the engine is smooth and has a bit more torque, horsepower, and top speed than the competition. Add a back-up light, and possibly a slightly larger gas tank. Then if you have to, charge a bit more for it (you probably will anyway). It will be worth it! Without the locker, you're already behind.