Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Awesome Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I had the greatest idea the other day. You know how some people like to mod the little Suzuki 80's and such, well i was thinking abuot doing that to a little 90. For poops and giggles and a little beater. I was thinkin of all these little things that could be done so that Adults could ride it and possibly, jump it. I know that alot of you will think this is a rediculous idea but oh well, it happens. I was thinking, takin off the front end, and making it so it is a souble a-arm set up like on the rest of the honda sport quads. Like take the front end off the 300ex and just use the a-arms and spindles and everything, and just put them on the front of the 90. that way it will be super wide and kinda low too, then spend some money on some works shocks. The motor you could buy a 103cc kit from Powroll, but why just 103cc. Im talkin maximum bore here, and then put a way bigger carb on it. like off the Recon or off a old 185 or something like that. Then for the rear end, make it so you can slid a diff. swing arm under it. Like a 300 ex or soemthing like that and then get a works shock for the back of that. Then, buy a wide axle for it and put some 18 inch tires on it so that it is low enough and not be all high in the air. Then, i dont know if it would be possible, but take a 200SX three wheeler clutch out and put it in there, so you have a little manual clutch 90.. haha.. Gosh, i wanna do it so people would be like wow, thats a awesome little machine you got there. I know alot of you will be like, this kid is retarded, but hey, Sh*t happens alright.. Later

Old 12-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

I think what you're looking to put together Honda makes already...its called a 250EX...lol...

Old 12-04-2001, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Dude they people have done similar to your idea..
Except they use 80cc dirtbike motors and a custom frame.
I say do something similar to what your describing to a 200sx fourwheeler.

Old 12-04-2001, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

My one friend has a custom made quad with a Cr 80 motor in it. And he races in nationals and wins most of them.

Old 12-04-2001, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, i know its pretty much a 250ex .. but i gotta recon.. a beat to hell one. I want something unique and to keep me busy, Its freakin boring in indiana. haha.. It would be even more fun to take the 200sx motor and put it in a 90 frame with my suspension mods.. I just want something so people are like wow thats awesome. But thanks for replying and not makin me feel too stupid.. haha..

Old 12-04-2001, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

I think it would be phucking funny to have a 90 go flyin down pass me the trail at like 65MPH with a dude that is way to big for it ridin it.Racin all those people on trail blazers and mojaves and blowin em away.When it gets finished put some pics up,id like to see em.

Old 12-04-2001, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

You're my kinda guy. I love doing stupid projects! Why limit yourself to a 90 motor? Put a CR80 engine in it, that way you would have a low maintenece motor, as well as TONS more power. Here's what I would do:

Take an older model CR80 motor, stuff it in a TRX90 frame. Paint the frame red, get some 300EX A-Arms(chrome dipped?), slap them on there, put some 300's shocks on there.. Well, my project would take up too much space here.. Email me for my thoughts

Old 12-04-2001, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, thanks for givin me more ideas. Im seriously thinkin abuot making this little freakin Demon. I just gotta find a older 90 cause i dont wanna waste alot of money on a new one.. F that.. Im thinkin abuot goin with the CR80 motor, cause its just gonna have a lot more ***** than a lil' four stroke. the only problem would be with the A-arm set up.. I know that 3TV Can help me on this.. i hope he reads this post. Thanks all

Old 12-05-2001, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

bust a cr500 or 250 in it with a +12" banshee swingarm and a wheelie bar ! with some 18" paddle tires ( ive seen 'em ) and bust out to the dunes , make it look like the biggest piece out there and then outrun all them boys. might even put on a little fake parachute to really turn some heads. then find you a few old empty NOS bottles and strap 'em on. im thinking about having a tiny bottle of nos for my ex that tucks in the gas tank or somthin. you could wire it up to the light switch and then hit it for some great mx starts , then turn it off at the first corner. i was also considering taping a broom to my skidplate and doing some dana creech stuff.

Old 12-05-2001, 01:45 AM
Range Rover

Hey Recondude,

I love hearing creative ideas. Imagination is a wonderfull thing.

I have a suggestion though,

Instead of taking the suspension off of a 300ex and trying to install it on a 90 frame, why don't you just take a rolling 300ex chassis and make some 90 plastic fit on it?

With either project you are gonna have cutting and welding, but by using the 300ex chassis all of the shock, a-arm, and swingarm alignments are already done and in place.

Quick Reply: Awesome Idea