Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Lighting Kit/Brake light

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I just bought a 400EX and love it! I have tried to do some research with no luck this far and was hoping someone could help me out. I sometimes do some night riding and was wondering was if there was a headlight kit as well as a brake light kit for the 400EX? Or is there a way to brighten up the existing lights like say brighter bulbs? Will this damage the charging system or can it take the extra load being stock? Also, I mostly plan to keep the motor stock with the exceptions of an exhaust system, K&N filter, and re-jetting the carb. I was looking at an exhaust system from DMC called the "Alien" is it worth the money? Or is the WhiteBrothers e-series pipe a better buy.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 12-05-2001, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I believe there is a brake light switch made by honda for most models, they just don't put brake lights on the US versions. Quebec canadian models have brake lights, SO, I surmise you can get the parts needed for a neat instalation from your dealer.

Old 12-05-2001, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Rydogg, Sell that thing and buy a 350X!!! Some times when im riding I have to watch out for large aircraft...they try to land on me?
My only problem is that I cant find any good advise on a freakin exhaust!!! So if you can help me I will give you my HD.lights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Elrancho,
I really do appreicate it. I will check @ my local Dealer to see what they have for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

As for u dknoxx,
add another wheel and try a DG exhaust. you can find there web site @DG exhaust
Hope this helps ya. thx

Old 12-05-2001, 02:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thx.....So much u can take that xtra wheel and.. u KNOW
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2002, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well All,

Thanks to Elrancho suggestion to check Canada I call the Honda shops there and to my surprise they had a brake light kit specially designed for the Honda 400EX! Woohoo! Just what I was looking for. The kit contains everything from a front light switch (which by the way is already pre-drilled for the mounting switch) and cover for the front brake handle, switch/wiring for front/rear and a brake light that is a little different looking (looks like the Honda 350x light) than the original Honda light. The only thing I had to do was splice into the original wiring harness (which I didn’t want to do) so I ran two other wires, green and black (to match) 1 for the ground and the green (power) I ran these up to the front under the key switch where I made Y-type connections for both. The Honda shop was called:

Shepherd Motors Ltd.
83 Main St N
Alexandria, ON K0C1A0
Telephone: 613-525-1402
Fax: 613-922-1511

The brake light kit is 33080-HN1-C90 I talked to a very nice gentleman named Rodney and the cost was about $68.00 American dollars and took about 1 week to get to Az. Pictures to come in a few days.
<u>Text</u>[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

did you get any pictures yet? does the kit work well and install easy-is it worth the money? will it work on a 300ex?
thanks
Rob

Old 02-15-2002, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

Will the brake light work on a Rancher? Got headlights. Brake light would be nice.

Old 02-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Brake lights would be nice on a Rubicon. They are required on trails after dark in Michigan.

Quick Reply: Honda Lighting Kit/Brake light