Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Who would buy a Rincon ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd buy the Rincon if it had a locking front diff. I'm very surprised they are not offering it that way. Maybe I'm wrong about it NEEDING a locking front diff. People who are interested in top of the line utility quads don't need 4x4, and 3x4 will work fine, right? It's like buying a Corvette with skinnny tires. Let's take a vote to see. Chime in, we'll keep a tally, and I'll write a letter to Honda. I'd like to have an irs quad that is reliable and can breathe in water (not Grizzly), but I want 4x4, not 3x4. I know both tires will get some power in normal circumstances.
But even if you tell me that front diff works right, it's still 3 wheel drive when it really counts.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Good post there guy. I think that you shuold write in your letter saying something like " Alot of people would consider buying the Rincon, but with the competion having Locking front differentials, its holding back many people from buying." Put in there they need to have a pull one or somethin like that on the Prarie 650, not a stupid Push-button like on the Grizz, and no speedlimiter.. thats bunk.. But count my vote in for the letter and the differential locker.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

I would but one regardless if I could afford it. But locking diff would be a plus

Old 12-12-2001, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I'm going to wait and buy a Rincon! There is no doubt, even though I would like the locking diff. I was going to buy either the Grizz or Kawi, but I was always a bit hesitant about the belt. The Honda's I have had and I currently have two, have been all but bulletproof. I can rely on them to get me there and back, even though the "suspension" could be better. A number of friends have Honda's and they're rode hard and put away wet and they still keep going. Yes, they are maintained but not on a daily basis like some need to be. Get on and ride.
There is not "One" machine out there that will not get stuck, diff lock or not and that is why they make winches. The Honda reliability and engineering is tops and so is there auto. The others can't compare to these points for the most part.
So, yes I will buy the Rincon and I am not a Honda salesperson, but I am speaking from my experience.
Good quading![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2001, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I really like the looks of the Rincon, but it will not be on my shopping list unless it can drive all four wheels. A "3-wheel-drive" can't compete in the snow, where I enjoy riding as much or more than in the dirt. My old Prairie is a great machine and is very reliable, but I would be able to go a lot farther with the 650 Prairie, just because of the locker over the "limited slip" idea, so for my next quad it is a "must have" item. Maybe the Rincon will have an automatic locker that really works. That might be O.K.. Good luck convincing Honda, Jefffoxr. You certainly have my vote. I also wish they were going to use a V-twin like the Kawasaki 650. That is a beautiful, smooth running engine---did I say I loved that engine?!?

Old 12-12-2001, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Brand loyal power hungry rednecks.

Old 12-12-2001, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Rincons 3wd front diff will be the only thing keeping me from buying it.Everything else looks good on paper.

Bill

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-2001, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

I just need a question answered that has been racking my brain day and night (OK maybe not that much). If a wheel goes airborne with a locking diff. front end and you lock the front wheels, don't you still have a tire spinning uselessly? Now with Honda's design that doesn't happen, you have all the power to the wheel that has traction, and the one without traction does nothing. So in this case wouldn't the 3x4 be just as good? Since there is no wheel going uselessly in mid air.

Old 12-12-2001, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

<< ? Now with Honda's design that doesn't happen, you have all the power to the wheel that has traction, and the one without traction does nothing >>

I have a Rancher 4x4 (wife's quad now) with the Suretrac front differential and it does not work as advertised. I have been in situations where one of the front tires was off the ground and that would be the one spinning. It goes most places I want to go though, especially since I put 25&quot; mudrunners on it last week! How's those mudrunners on your 650 Jeff?

Ranch0rider
00 Rancher 4x4 ES
02 Prairie 650
02 Sport Trax 90

Old 12-12-2001, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with that, however, personally, the problem for 3x4 for me is that a NON honda quad would be 2x4 in that case. As far as Honda's front end, many people have posted that it's false advertisement, and many say it works as advertised. I personally don't believe it, yet I have no proof. I say this becuase why would a company do a ton of R&amp;D to develop this front end when it would have been much easier to make a design like on the 650 and Grizz, since that's what people REALLY want. I bet 99 out of 100 people would rather buy a Rincon with a set up like the 650 rather than a Rincon with the current front end.

Bottom Line: Honda, people want power to all 4 wheels, and they want a locking option.

Quick Reply: Who would buy a Rincon ?