Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Rancher 350ES

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2000, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently run a Polaris TrailBoss 250 2X4. I've had alot of fun on it, but the time has come to buy a new machine. One that will better suit my needs. After reading everything that I could and visiting the local shops, I have decided to buy a Honda Rancher 4X4ES . I need a good all purpose ATV. I will use it for hauling wood, plowing snow and getting to my hunting spots but really enjoy weekend trail riding with friends on their Big Bears and Polaris'. Have I made the right choice? Local shops are selling them for $5100-$5399. Has anyone done any better? I haven't bought it yet.

Old 02-05-2000, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Galt
I just got my Rancher 350 ES today. I did 17 miles in the snow today. My nephew works at the Honda shop so I got the machine for 4800. The retail was 5399. Because of the demand, they're getting full retail price. They tried to sell me the Foreman 450 ES for 5700, but I had my sights set on the Rancher. I love that electronic transmission and I'm sure you will too.

Old 02-05-2000, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Galt, I think the Rancher is an exellent machine. I know I'm happy with mine. I ended up paying 5200, but that was after some serious shopping around. Most people around here are paying list if not more. Good luck with your search for the best price.

Old 02-06-2000, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Luke, I live in Rochester NH. I was wondering if you know of any trails in NH that are open to atvs? Let me know, thanks.

Old 02-06-2000, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just purchased a Honda Rancher 350FE today and it was all I expected it to be. I have had two Honda 300 4x4's in the past, so I have a measuring stick to go by, but unlike Luke, you lucky person, I paid $5273 which was still a great price. Many others wanted $5400. Finding a good dealer is important also should you need to go back and have repairs, or just to ask some questions. Any good dealer will meet all reasonable needs if they are sincere dealers. I believe a Honda is a great investment for work and pleasure.

Old 02-06-2000, 12:56 AM
rdy
Weekend Warrior

Don't be to hasty in buying that honda. Be open minded and go look at the new Yamaha Kodiak. You might like it you might not but at least give it a good look. I waited for a long time for the rancher but was disapointed when I finally saw one. I went to the Yamaha shop and looked at the new Kodiak, I was impressed enough to buy three @ $5569.00 ea.

Old 02-06-2000, 02:03 AM
Range Rover

The new Y2K Kodiak is a Joke after riding a new Rancher,How could you ever get use to the way the belt drive tranny vibrates the rest of the machine.A friend of mine has a Kodiak and he always wants to switch with me so he can ride my Rancher ES because it is so much more fun to ride.
Besides,the Rancher just beat the Kodiak in a shootout in 4 wheel ATV action.

Old 02-06-2000, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer

Bob4x4, Hi neighbor. I work in Center Barnstead so I'm not too far away from you. As far as trails go, after there is snowcover, you can legally ride any state snowmobile trail. This happened a couple of years ago when atv people complained that they were paying $37.00 like snowmobilers but couldn,t ride the trails. I have miles of trails that I can access from right behind my house. Occasionally you find a private trail posted "No wheeled vehicles". At that point, you turn around and go someplace else. I don't know where there are any good trails during the rest of the year, but Fish & Game has info on ones that are open to atv's year round. I will find some this spring because I want to get into it more than I have. I mostly used it around my house and to plow snow with.
Once we hit bare ground, we're at the mercy of land owners, and even then you need written permission.
I have also been going to the Grantham, Croydon area to hunt for wild boar outside of Corbin's Park. It was best when we only had about an inch of snow, because you had no snowmobiles to contend with. There were miles of state trails (route 5 and 5a). We met a few other wheelers up there.
I hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 02-06-2000, 07:26 AM
tph
Weekend Warrior

I bought mine (ES which lists for $5399) for $4899 at Track N Trail Honda in State College, PA. That is their "regular" everyday price. They sold 4 others while I was picking mine up.

Old 02-06-2000, 10:51 AM
rjt
Weekend Warrior

I paid 5199 for mine and had to fight to find a green one,rode 120 miles to new york state.Ive owned all of honda 4X4s except the 450 and the rancher is by far the best ive owned,

Quick Reply: Honda Rancher 350ES