Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

im coming back :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i bought that 2000 CR250r and its just too much for me to handle.

im not use to a twisty and almost wiped out twice. so im going to try trading it locally for a 400ex or 250r. hopefully i will be back on a quad soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] have any of you guys ever bought a bike or atv and thought it was just to much bike? my wife wants to kill me!

Old 02-26-2002, 12:34 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I had a CR500 back in 1997 for awhile. Tried to make to a nice trail bike but it just didn't work out to good in the close spaces and the suspension was way to stiff for trail riding. It was fun on the rock roads but it sure was loud. I sold it and purchased a new 97 Kawasaki KDX220 which was much more suited to woods and trail type riding. Put alot miles on that and just last year traded it in on a 01 KDX200 and like it even better. For me bigger was not always better.
Chet

Old 02-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I did the same thing as you, went to a CR250 and liked it, had aftfermarket everything pretty much. But I soon realized that a 13 year old with short legs doesn't fit on a CR250 so now it's gone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but I loved the power on it, just couldn't take the corners fast.

Old 02-26-2002, 02:40 PM
RIP Dear Friend

OregonMXracer,
I know what you mean about the short legs. All modern dirtbikes with there inches and inches of suspension travel. Us short guys have problems because when I am stopped I am on my tip toes to stand up even on my 01 KDX 200. Getting on those tall machines is an art form and must be learned or you look pretty stupid when you fall over from just trying to get on.
That's one nice thing about the quads is the ready made sitting platform and no balance technique when you stop.
Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I think that the newer bikes are actually shorter than the older bikes by a couple inches. I'm kinda mad that I sold it now because I fit it perfect, NOW. But, the clutch has gone out on it twice so it's actually a good thing I sold it. Anyway, if you can afford it, keep it evhwg, after a few weeks you'll be hitting 50 ft doubles.

Old 02-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I first had an XT600. Not only was it too tall, but I had a very hard time trying to kick start that one-lung engine. Then I had a kx125. The power wasn't an issue, but it too was too tall for me.

Old 02-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I find it strange that the newer bikes have taller seat heights with smaller size. I know CR's are that way, 125 has tallest seat height, then 500's had the shortest. Too bad it is an extinct machine now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

oregonmx racer: yeah i paid in full for it.

heres one incident its funny.
im going down a fire road in third gear and see some hikers off to the side with kids so i thought i would give them a show. i see a nice rock jump about 2 feet high. so i hit it come down twist the throttle by accident (not use to twisties) the bike wheelies my right foot falls off the peg and my right hand starts loosing grip so im wheeling for about 60 feet trying to get back on the bike in my half of superman pose [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] finally i get back on and try to make it look like i meant to do that and ride away. it was a close call and scared the crap out of me. i must of been doing 40 or 50 MPH or it felt like it.

lesson learned---dont try to be a star the first day out with a new bike hehehehe

Old 02-26-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Nice one, I had something similar happen to me because my ATC has a twist throttle. I was showing off, doing some wheelies and I started slipping backwards on the seat and pulled the throttle back more, flipped over backwards and got covered in dirt and a bad headache. No more showing off on a new bike, it's just not very smart, and can be painful.

Old 02-26-2002, 08:54 PM
RIP Dear Friend

evhwg,
LOL, that was a good. Don't you just wish you had a video of that maneuver.
Chet

Quick Reply: im coming back :)