Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

To people who want a 450f quad, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I am not trying to start any flames, **** matches, or quad bash, so don't reply to this unless you have something positive to say. Don't get P1ssed off about this, you shouldn't but sometimes people twist and turn things until they are the opposite of what was really stated. Ok here goes...

Everyone wants a CRF450R powered quad from Honda, everyone thinks it is going to be the new standard in ATV racing. I have a question for you. Why don't you just buy a Cannondale. Think about it, you are getting a full on facotry racer, excellent customer support, built in the good old USA, Aluminum frame, and EFI. If Honda, Yamaha, or Kawie made a quad similar to this, what would you be getting that you couldn't get from the Cannondale? Chances are they wouldn't give you an aluminum frame, EFI, excellent customer service would be out of the question for sure, and you probably wouldn't ever get a Honda backed race team. Basically you will be getting the Honda name and thats it. I am not trying to get everyone to buyy a Cannondale, because they aren't for everyone. I am just trying to figure out why you that you have to wait for Honda to build a CRF450 powered 400EX or 250R, and that it will be the standard in ATV racing. Cannondale is already offering a 440 racer, 375 pound package, PLUS aluminum frame, EFI, and excellent customer service. So I guess what I'm asking is, why do you people(sorry for the generalization) think that you have to wait for Honda to buld the quad you want when Cannondale already is? Another thing I forgot to mention, if you think that the Honda or Yamaha would be cheaper than the Cannodale's, your wrong. The Raptor's MSRP is $500 less than the Cannibal's. If they had to start innovating, Yamaha would put a higher price tag on it to compensate for money lost, so if you think about it, the Cannondale price is pretty fair. Anyway, I am sick of typing, someone give me their opinons without getting in a **** match with me.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

OregonMXracer I'm starting to think you work for Cannondale. If you don't you should get a job as a salesman, your devotion to Cannondale is unparalleled.

Yes, Cannondale builds an awesome quad.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

No I don't. Maybe they'll hire me, that would be cool. I guess I am just so bored with nothing to ride and the only thing I think about is quads and well, you know, and everyone talks about wanting a Honda built racer but it probably still won't be as nice as the Cannondale, so why not just buy one.

Old 03-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you, people are waiting for something that already out. Just under a different name.

Old 03-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you, very few people do agree with me unless they own a Cannondale, or have ridden one.

Old 03-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

well stated Oregon, and I said it before, if ya lived in Colorado id get ya a job to buy yourself a quad, but first comes your education, then well get ya quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

I think the deal is like how many 300cc quads are out there? I want more selection than just 1 quad that cost $8000 or how evermuch the 440 is. I am not dissin Cannondale, we just need more selection. When you buy a quad you look at ever brand out there within a couple cc's of the one you are wanting before you get it.

Old 03-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

i agree.
i think most of the people waiting dont have the money anyways just like to hear themselves post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
like you said the cannibal is around $500.00 more than a raptor and you get all those goodies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i myself couldnt get the cash together for one but oh well...now i bought a cr250r that i have to unload i should of just bought a 400ex or R and statyed on 4 wheels. live and learn i guess im kicking myself in the butt everyday for that purchase.

and there is one guy posting that says the cannondales fall apart all the time??? what is he talking about.
the only bad thing about cannondale in my book is i wish they had dana creech riding and styling for them.

Old 03-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Sure the new 450 will probably be great but I am saving for another quad myself, it will be in the distant future (probably about 5 years)I hope to keep my R and buy a canondale too. Aluminum frame, FI, awesome! I like em.

Old 03-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

You guys are forgetting a few things. The reason people are waiting for a honda and not buying Cannondale has to do with the name HONDA. It stands for reliability, quality and great craftmanship. They have been in the buisness since the early 80's. Cannondales are probably good quads, but people want to know when they spend that much money that it was well worth it. Cannondale will have to prove itself and stand the test of time. Honda has already done that! Whether or not you like Honda or not you cannot deny this.

Quick Reply: To people who want a 450f quad, please read.