Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Has this Honda forum turned into sport quads only?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002 | 09:47 PM
|
Range Rover

I dont even know why I bother looking at this forum anymore. Not that I have anything against sport quads, it seems if you own a Rancher, Rubi, Foreman, or other Honda utility quads, this website is becoming useless. I use to look forward to checking in here daily on Rancher posts. Now I scroll through here and find no pertenant information at all. I can only hope that other utility owners post some info pertaining to these certain types of machines. Or else this is going to turn into a "How far can you ride a wheelie or "What is the top speed of XXXX" type forum. I know I will probably get responses like "It is very important to know the top speed of an XXXX" or "So what if we talk about poping wheelies". Anyhow, all I can do is hope.

Hennyhog

Old 03-05-2002 | 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I guess my advice is...if you want to change it..start posting utility based questions and observations.

Old 03-05-2002 | 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree...It just seems that there is more interest in the sport quads than there is in the utility quads...if you want people to talk about utility quads, just start posting topics about them...

Old 03-05-2002 | 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

yellow honda's just aren't right hehe think about it. anyways i just wanted to say i have nothing ageinest utilties my frist 3 rides were 85 atc 250es 88 4trx300 4wd and 95 forman 400 its just that sports are so much more playful P.S i can't hold a wheelie worth a s^&* and i have no clue what my top speed is but it will spank an lt500 in an open feild drag

Old 03-05-2002 | 10:55 PM
|
Range Rover

Guys,
I have posted topics in the past days/weeks on my Rancher or Recon. I mabey get one or two responses and one out of the two really doesn't help me. I am doing my part. All I can say is if you want to learn something go to Highlifter.coms mudhole. Now that is a excellent forum.

Old 03-05-2002 | 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

utility qauds are for old people who can no longer handle sport quads. Sport quads are so much funner thats why people talk about them more. Most be more younger people on hear.

Old 03-05-2002 | 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

bigdave400ex, you don't need to be a jerk. I like utilitys and I ride a 250R that would probably whoop up on your 400EX but I an not going around calling you slow and old and saying you can't handle anything faster, only a jerk would do that.

Old 03-05-2002 | 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

Go over to the High Lifter forum. Its nothing but utility quads.

Old 03-05-2002 | 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

I was just telling the truth everyone i know with a utility quad is older. also killer 250r in drag it might be faster but on a track who knows. Also I have a 2002 cr250 with fmf fatty pipe, v-fore reed cage, mx porting and head mods. And if yamaha or honda doesn't come out with better quad i am putting a yzf426 in my 400ex. all becouse i am young and want to have fun. You just can't have as much fun on a utility quad.

Old 03-05-2002 | 11:38 PM
The Facility

hogmaster,...The reason for less topics on utility models is because they are headed out of "season".

It may sound crazy to most, because I know alot of you guys ride year round, but probally 7 out of 10 utility quads are parked right now, and will be until September. Most use theirs for hunting and mud riding only. Then there are the few who ride them for recreation all year long. But there just aren't as many in this group.

We see the same thing in the shop every year. Utility quads in and out till February. Then the sport quad guys and dirtbike guys get their toys back out for the spring and summer. It never fails.

There are alot of utility AND sport quad riders that ride year round, but like I said..the majority do not.......It's a seasonal thing. You might want to try a forum that speciffically deals with utility quads until "utility season" comes back around.

Quick Reply: Has this Honda forum turned into sport quads only?