Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Mudrunners,Gators,Dirt Devil XT,or Raw Hides?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am about to buy a new set of boots for my 2001 Rubicon I plan on buying 26".What are your thoughts?
One question that I have about the Gators is in the books it indicates that they are 1 1/4" tread depth but when I measured a new set on a 400EX 22x10-9 they were only 3/4".

Thanks

Old 04-04-2002, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think the 25" and smaller have the shallow thread. The 26" ans bigger have the deeper thread.

Old 04-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know where you will spend the majority of your time riding, but I bought a set of Mud Runners from treadepot.com and they seem to be great tires. Ride and handling, except for hard corners, seems to be the same as the original tires. Nice ride on hard pack without the bumpy ride of other mud tires at slow speeds.

They are terrors in the mud and snow. The majority of guys in our group that have replaced their tires went with 27 inch 589's, one went with 26" Mud Runners. They all have Polaris sp500's and and sp500 HO, I have the only Rubicon.

We don't have swamps and don't go through 48" deep mud holes. This time of year we do have tons of mud, soupy, gooey, and clay and no one gets left behind.

One new HO with the stock tires gets there too, but he is looking to upgrade soon.

I am more than satisfied with my Mud Runners. I got the same size I took off. The rear tires are at least 2 inches wider but I have not put a tape to them, no rubbing. Just great all around traction.

Enjoy your new tires.

Specta
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have 26" Mudrunners on my Rubi, and really like them. You won't be disappointed if you get them. I would put them up against the 589's. A couple of my riding buddies have the Titans, and I easily keep up with them. The Mudrunners will actually improve the handling and steering effort compared to the stock tires.

Old 04-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

I run 26" Dirt Devil XTs on my Foreman, they work great in the variety of conditions we encounter in the mountains of Colorado, including snow and mud. Most surfaces here are dry and many are pointy, so the 6 ply strength of these is nice to have. The tread on these is an inch plus. Hope that helps.

Old 04-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The nice thing about buying new mud tires for your ATV is not matter what you get, they are better than what came stock. Nothing like improving what you already have.

Specta
01 Red Rubicon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]