Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Worst Accident on a Quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Havening not had anything more spectacular to low spped rollovers myself, I'd have to tell of my neighbors grandfather, at 92 years old colliding with a pickup going the other way, hell of a way to go...that... Probably was grinning the whole time.

Old 03-22-2002, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

My worst would have to be on my Warrior that I had. I was out riding trails with a few people(didn't even know them, just met up with them on the trails), well we got to this spot with a bunch of hill climbs so I start having at it. I went to climb this one and made it all the way to the top and ran over a tree stump and got stuck, turned the bike around, went down and proceeded to try a second attempt. I got all the way to the top again, this time my tires quit spinning when they caught some roots and brought the front end straight up. I fell off the back of the bike and it sat on the rear rack for just enough time for me to get out of the way, I rolled down the hill with the bike rolling down the hill about 6 feet to my right, end over end. I suffered some bruised ribs and a crushed ego! The bike suffered a lot more, thank God for insurance! I've had several stupid funny accidents, but that's another story.

Old 03-25-2002, 04:07 PM
Range Rover

It was the night I got my Big Red. I did some riding with a friend and as we were leaving to go home I was in the lead. I accidently mistook a particular hill for one that we had to go up to get out of the trails and I was in one gear too high. I got about 3/4 of the way up the hill when I ran out of power. I tried to grab a lower gear but missed it, so I then grabbed the brakes. Unfortunately they didn't grab until the 3-wheeler had started rolling backwards down the hill and it flipped backwards and rolled over me. At the bottom of the hill it was lying upside down, still running so I hollered for my buddy to shut it off so it wouldn't burn up the engine. I could hardly move because of the excruciating pain and after my friend flipped my ATC back upright I rode it out of the woods--with a broken back and a rib pulled loose from my sternum, as I found out later that night.

Old 03-26-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wrecked my blaster tonight while i was gong to work it was at about 3:00 pm there was no school so i left early it was rainng hard the trees where iced and branches where breaking offand the road was flooded i got up on a dry spot in the road by a neighbors houses went around a turn 5th geaqr powersliding let of at the end of the turn and hit a foot and half of water flipped went flying through the air and face first into the water i got back up flipped the quad over it was nice and clean lol and took off again only to have the throttle stick and hit a downed tree and almost wrecked again

Old 03-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

<< But.. I.... Wanted to roll around in the crack [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] >>

Thunderpower I think you are on crack!

Old 03-31-2002, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

northern edge

thats what happends when your quadless. you get so far detuned and depressed that you just want to live a life of drugs.

Old 03-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bet i have the worst.I live in northeast PA and ther are alot of huge coal hills.I was riding with my dad and we found the biggest steepest one ever and we went to the top on another trail.We both had 00 honda ranchers 4by4 he said he was going to go down and i told him not to he wanted to be a show off and went hye started to slide did about 6 front flips end over end on top of him then hit a couple big rocks and took off because when the bars got bend the throttle stuck on.Iran down and had to shut his bike off.He amazingly only had a couple scrapes.The quad was like totaled.It cost like 3500 to fix.We had to get bars both front and back rack because they were unfixable.2 new rims new axel axel housing new plastic a bunch of little things some crap with the struts some moter stuff two. i win

Old 03-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry fo all the spellin errors im only 14

Old 04-14-2002, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

lol

Old 04-14-2002, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

i was riding along a trail on my first quad (trusty ol majove), and there was a jump up the trail i always hit wide open, well, i come to the turn right b4 it and hammer down on it,, i come aroun the last set of trees, and right as i get to the jump i see somethin shiny goin across the trail... someone had put up a strand of barbwire. i was doin about 50-55 easy, and caught the barbwire, it tore the front plastic off the quad, ripped up my arms really bad (17 stitches), i could see my bone in my right forearm and the inside of my muscle on my left arm. it ripped the vents out of the mouthguard on my helmet, and ripped the padding out of the front of it. it also pulled me off the mojave and i landed right on a rock. i was goin fast enough that the quad still made the jump,,, i never found out who put the barbwire up tho....

Quick Reply: Worst Accident on a Quad