Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ex kickstart

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go drink some slim-fast man,kick start is a pain in the @$$. I only wish they made electric start for 2-strokes.

Old 05-23-2002, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Yea right, kick start is easy. you have nothing to worry about, Banshee's are a cinch to kick over!

Old 05-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Not at all times. Lets say you are racing hare scrambles,from a dead engine start. Take knowsalot for example. While the competition is hitting the little button with their thumb,your kicking your a$s off!
And it usually don't start with just one kick. While electric is just one little push and you're off.

Old 05-23-2002, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well, unless you're bike is a POS or you don't have a starting technique, kick start is easier!

Old 05-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

I wish my C-dale was a kickstart. Think about it, take a 400ex w/ a 375 dry weight. Now make it a kick start, loose the battery, headlights, and all wiring that you don't need. Buy aluminum handle bars, aluminum bumper and grab bar, Turf Tamers (which are lighter than most tires) and ditch the skid plates. Now thats probably dropping about 30 lbs. +/- a few, bringing the dry weight to 345 lbs. Then if you really wanna get down to it, replace the stock pipe w/ a good aluminum aftermarket pipe (which makes a big weight difference) and then there is still more steel parts that you can replace w/ aluminum and all those little things will really add up.

15 lbs may not sound like much and you can tell someone to lose weight but there is a difference between the weight OF the quad and the weight ON the quad. The riders weight won't really affect the nimbleness (if thats even a word) of a quad when you are in the air but when you take that weight off of a quad, you can feel it because it will be easier to whip around. And besides, some people like me don't need to lose anymore weight. I'm pretty skinny (150 lbs. at 6'1&quot

Old 05-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, you're correct that all the little stuff adds up, but I don't think it's worth it. Oh, I hope you were kidding about wanting your Dale to be a kick start. 12.5:1 on a big thumper is going to be awfully hard on your leg, and shin!

Old 05-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Dang you're really mixed up aren't ya ltracerx? First,its a ATC250R that you own. Then a speed in september. Then maybe a banshee or a raptor. I'm narrowed down to 2 atleast!!

Old 05-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

ltracer- theres a big difference kicking over a banshee than a 400ex. for one i think for the banshee when you kicking your only using one cylinder to start (175 cc) plus its a 2 stroke which is much easier to kick than a 4 stroke.

Old 05-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing with Cannondale is, that it would be rather pointless having a kick start. Cause you gotta have a battery to run all of the EFI and all that. And the computer and so on.. A kick start would make models alot cheaper i imagine...

Old 05-24-2002, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

<< The only thing with Cannondale is, that it would be rather pointless having a kick start. Cause you gotta have a battery to run all of the EFI and all that. And the computer and so on.. A kick start would make models alot cheaper i imagine... >>

Dang... LOL... I'm not used to thinkin about all that technological crap. But still, if you had a automatic compression release lever like on the Fourtrax 300's, it probably wouldn't be that bad. I never have to start from a dead start, so if I can get it runnin before the race starts, I'll be set. I dunno, I just like kick starts. If I ever blow up my motor and it's gonna cost me thousands of dollars to fix, I'll buy a thumper motor out of a dirtbike (426 maybe?) and have it fitted into my C-dale frame. That would be sweet! YZF 426 bored to a 440 conversion in an aluminum C-dale frame... aw hell, that would run like a scalded *** ape.

Quick Reply: ex kickstart