Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2000, 03:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know who has the best pipe? white bros. or ?. Which style? I also am curious on paddles. I have some dunehopper 9 paddle and they stink. I can outclimb with my stock knobbies but spin to the top of the dune. HELP!

Old 03-09-2000, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

i got the WB pipe on my 400. its got good power all around. i would recommend the WB pipe, because well lots of people have it, so it must be working for them too, it sounds bad a$$ also. also you might want to check out the big gun silencer looks like a good unit, but stay away from fmf mega max.
adam y2k 400ex
92 blaster

Old 03-09-2000, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

Don't get the Big Gun, or the FMF. The Big Gun sounds great, but u actually lose bottom end, and the FMF tends to fall apart at the welds. I have the DMC Dual system. It's awesome. GT Thunder did dyno's on most 400ex pipes, and the DMC Dual won. I can attest, cause I beat all my friends with similar mods, and it sounds great. It's expensive though, around $500. White Brothers would be my second choice if money is a big concern. If u want to see some pics of mine check out my site at http://members.home.net/umcpmark/index.htm

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2000, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 00 400 ex. Last weekend I put a Duncan Racing Double Barrell pipe on mine (DMC has 1 just like it). IT IS BAD! I cannot believe the difference. I thought I would see some gain, however it is a different bike. I gained more than I dreamed was possible by just changing out the pipe and air filter. I have more power throughout the entire power band.

My buddy rides a 99 Banshee. He has a pipe, filter, reeds and axle. I use to be able to take him in 1st through 3rd gear and in 4th gear he blew by me. I raced him yesterday and smoked him 5 or 6 times. I am wanting to race another Banshee to see if I can beat them. He claims he was catching me, however he was 4 or 5 lengths behind (well into 5th gear). The hardest thing is getting started and keeping the front end down.

I will warn you though, it is loud. I don't know anyone who has a modified 400 so I don't have anything to compare it to. After riding it for 2 days it doesn't seem as loud. That is the only thing I don't like. I liked the quiet stock pipe, however I love the power. I think it was a good trade off. It costs a little over $600 with the filter, precharger, headers, silencer and shipping. I think I got what I paid for though. MadMark is the one who told me about it. Look at some old messages to see his input. I promise you will love it.

I called and talked with FMF,W.B.,Big Gun and various dealers before I picked one and I think I got lucky. You might check them out. Good luck on the search.