ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Plastic Cleaner - What To Use? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/69637-plastic-cleaner-what-use.html)

Sanch 07-11-2002 06:16 PM

I was told not to use armarol on the plastic of my new 2002 350 Fourtrax. Can anyone tell me what to use instead.

Thanks in advance.

01redrecon 07-11-2002 08:24 PM

Why were you told not to use armerol? I use a polish, rubbing compound or anything to make it shiny.

Sanch 07-11-2002 09:34 PM

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply. They told me not to use armerol because it weakens the plastic over time as well it fades the color faster?? I thought I read that it contains UV protectant.. In any case, maybe some auto polish will be better. I'll let you know if I hear of anything else.

Cheers!

2fat4moto 07-11-2002 09:54 PM

I use Simple Green ONLY! I have for years. I use it on my CR, ZRX, P650, & my Tundra when I get tar on it. It works great. The only thing that can save your plastic is not to ride it or crash it! Yeah right, if you are like me, riding leads to crashing at some point. Good luck.

vooduuchild 07-11-2002 09:56 PM

I heard that when it's clean, to use some lemon pledge on it. You'll get a real nice shine, and the mud doesn't stick to it as bad. That's what I heard.

RC350 07-11-2002 11:22 PM

The BEST thing I've found so far to use for plastic is the Turtle Wax brand 2001 Super Protectant.

By far, it does a better job of shining the plastic than Armor All. It isn't supposed to have the negative side effects of Armor All, such as drying out the plastic over time, and allowing cracking, etc.

I've used it on my Son's Blaster and my Banshee for several months now. Makes the plastic look great. It also provides for UV protection, makes cleaning the quad easier, and gives the plastic a rich, deep look to the color.

Regards,

Rog

Area51 07-11-2002 11:51 PM

I second what RC350 said. The Turtle Wax brand 2001 Super Protectant works better than anything that I have ever tried! It makes your plastic look better than new! And when you wash it next time the dirt will just run right off of it, and the water will bead up like you just waxed it. It protects against the sun fading it (UV Protection) and makes clean up a snap. Get it, you will love it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

350rcherdude 07-11-2002 11:53 PM

finish line 2000 car wax comes with an applicator it works great and helps mud shed off like it isnt even on. just my 2cents

RINCON 07-11-2002 11:56 PM

what do you mean armourall will fade and crake your plastic???? that's the whole point of armourall, it's a protectant. I've been using armourall for years and it make the quads look like new. the honda dealer around here uses pledge. i use WD-40, no not on the plastic, on all of the frame rails and stuff underneeth the quad, make it look like new again

OffRder15 07-12-2002 12:36 AM

I use whatever I find first...either Armoral, Meguiar's Detailer, or Turtle Wax.