Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

my first day of mx.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yesterday was a great day. brad, my best friend, and i had gotten a call on friday from jim who owns a really nice private track. we helped him build it but had never been able to ride it because of our work schedules. we spent friday getting our quads ready and trying to find our 2" ball to tow our trailer with. in the morning we loaded up and headed to jim's. we spent a few hours in the morning doing some track maintenance then geared up to ride. i was nervous. really nervous. the first lap was spent checking things out and estimating how fast to take the jumps. i'd jumped over 80 feet in the sand but this was new. comming up short had new consequences. the second lap was brutal. i think i cased half of the landings that lap. i took a breather and went back out. i later cleared every thing but a 65 foot table. i was pretty happy with myself but next time i'm going for that table. by the end of the day i was beat. my forearms were swollen, my legs were burning and i was smiling. i'm hooked.

Old 07-21-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the family [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 07-22-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

MX is kinda like Lays potato chips. Betcha can't ride it just once. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard. You will now find your check book.. Oh, how do I say it... Empty?