Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want a higher top speed go with bigger tires. id recomend holeshots or another brand that has those type of treads. get diff sprockets to if you want a higher speed

Old 08-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i was thinking about going with a different sprocket but i don't know which one to get. and what size tires bigger would i need to get. the back ones now are 22x11x9

Old 08-06-2002, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had put 22 6ply's on my bike (rear), they sucked the life out of it. I now have them studded for the winter. Go with 20's. There is a trade off. The 20 will lower your top end, if your motor could pull them to top RPM. I doubt it. With 20's you may be able to rev higher thus increasing top speed. It all depends. As for sprockets, try the booties first. Then decide. I have knocked 2 off my rear.

Old 08-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

here is the bottom line. get razors. not holeshots cause they suck. throw the dg in the trash and get something else.i would get a yoshimura pipe .

Old 08-10-2002, 09:28 PM
The Facility

The Krome Power pipes look good only before a few rides unless you ride in dry conditions only.

One water crossing or small mud hole and you will be cleaning that pipe every week to keep it looking good. Especially on the bottom side of the silencer. The dirt being slung from the tires, pitts the chrome and allows moisture to rust the pipe instantly.

Also, be sure to have you jetting spec on. If not, the header pipe will turn blue and then gold in a matter of no time at all.

Even with correct jetting, letting the engine idle for more tha 5 minutes at normal engine temprature will cause the pipe to turn blue.

This is what I have seen from every Krome Power pipe that I have sold for any model. I no longer carry them due to the high maintenance require4d to keep it looking like it did when new.

I also had one of these on a 300EX myself a few years back..so I have firsthand experience with this pipe.....A b!tch to keep clean would be an understatement.

Go with the HMF...,looks good, sounds good, and most important of all...good power.

Old 08-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

You cant be serious? Hard to keep clean? Who cares, its a quad, not a street bike. It's gonna get dirty, again, and again.... Blue? of course. My chrome (Krome??) pipes turned blue right away, but they work the same. What your saying is a non-issue, unless you do more looking at your quad than riding it!

Old 08-12-2002, 02:38 AM
The Facility

And what made you decide the chrome over the aluminum or black steel???

You said: "What you are saying is a non-issue unless you do more looking at your quad than riding it."

Again.....Not everyone has the same logic as you do. Most don't make a point of spending the extra money for the chrome pipe if tyhey didn't care what it looked like.

I don't recall rust ever being a good thing either.

So.....Yes...I was serious.....but it was "under the table"

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2002, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

KNOWSALOT, I checked out HMF, I don't like them, because they are a slip-on, and a slip-on for a 300ex usually won't work with an aftermarket headpipe, so I will be stuck with stock, and the stock are really undersized. On the dyno charts the HMF slip-on only showed 1hp gain, there must be a system out there that will give me more than 1hp, or if there is a headpipe that would combine with HMF I'd get a little more, know of any headpipes, thanks.

my previous question was "what kind of power do the DG systems put out" it wasn't how hard are they to keep cleen. But since you told me how they rust, I know they would suck, but there is an alloy version of that pipe, what kind of power gains??

Old 08-12-2002, 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you are doing tril riding I'd recamend geting 22 inch razrs. Unless you do a good bit of hill climbing get the 20's smaller tires climb better. another good tire for the all types or rising are those trail claws they are the best tires i ever bought.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

My friend just put 20" razrs on his 300EX they look awesome..but i couldnt imagine going any bigger then 20" razrs on the rear of a 300ex....

Quick Reply: 300EX