Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My thoughts on the Honda shakeup

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Knowsalot, Fourlix here. I got one for you...I talked to the Zuki rep today, he visited here for the first time. Somewhere in the conversation he mentioned that Yamaha had not wanted to come into a couple of dealerships where Suzuki was already in place. Instead they chose to go into existing Polaris dealerships. Have you seen any of this? PM me if you would like....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2002, 12:12 AM
The Facility

fourlix,

I haven't heard anything about that, but that doesn't mean it's not true by any means. I think they make up these rules sometimes as they go along depending on the region, sales in the area, and when they just don't want to be a part of the deal.

You also have to think that maybe the Suzuki rep just made it up to discourage you from looking into getting Yamaha.......Just a thought.

Most of all the Yamaha dealers around here have Suzuki also.....so maybe Yamaha is trying to knock that number down.....I'm not sure.

Let me know how it goes with Yamaha.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a thought. If you have a dealership that sell Suzuki and Honda or one that sell Kawaski and Honda, and Honda makes you sell only one brand your going to sell Honda. What that means is there goes one more Kawaski or Suzuki dealer down the drain. Less dealers less bikes sold.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

honda's won't sell more either, because chances are that someone will open a kawi, suzuki, or whatever brand dealership just down the road.

Old 08-10-2002, 04:44 AM
Trailblazer

If honda enters the sled business,it's because of the enviromental BS that is going on. Honda has stayed out of the sled market so far,because the market is run by 2 strokes and honda isn't interested in building 2 stroke. Honda 4 stroke outboard motors weren't all that popular until the enviromental BS started and the 2006 emmissions requirements were imposed on marine engines.

The sled market is in bad shape. No snow for years and only 1% of the market being first time buyers,has left the market in the shape it's in. You have dealers of all makes with up to two years worth of sleds still in the crate. This latest garbage with yellowstone has left honda with some hope that they could corner a market in 4 stoke sleds or honda wouldn't even bother.

Old 08-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

i'm not complaining about 4 strokes, at least not the RX-1, ever drivin a R1? i think it'll hold its own with the 2 strokes. 4 stroke tecnology is further along than you think (not in quads though-besides c'dale) all of the street bikes (CBR,R6, R1, GSX-R.....) the 600cc ones would leave a 600 grizz, 660 grizz, p650, sp700, whatever quad soooo far behind that they wouldn't know what hit them.

Old 08-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

I'm a Honda fan and have been for years, there is no match to Hondas quality in a machine. I bought a P-650 because Honda didn't have one that was close to it at the time. A Honda mall would be nice if they stocked every part for every machine and after market parts so when you needed something you know you could go get it with out waiting or spending extra for overnight and 2-day shipping. If Honda wants this to happen it will, they have more money than the rest. You think a set of those Honda wings would look good on my p-650? No I don't guess so. Honda has let down their fans lately by not having machines to match the other brands until 2-5 years later and then the others turn new stuff loose and Honda is playing catch up again. Sorry, but I can't help it, a company like Honda has let other companies, even Polaris, pass them in their line ups and sales. What a sad day in Bama.

Old 08-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

TrailHog,

Just a thought about the mall thing, do you have any idea how much money it would take to stock every part from every machine, from even the last 5 years. Most dealerships can't afford that. Why would they tie up there money on inventory that will just sit there for years. I know I wouldn't, I'd keep the fast movers and let Honda stock their own parts, which is what they do now.

Smitty

Old 08-10-2002, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah smitty911 it does sound far out, but it's Honda that's into this mall thing, so why not go all out and make Honda pay the bill. I know it's not going to happen with the parts stock, but it would be nice.

Old 08-10-2002, 10:08 PM
The Facility

American Honda doesn't even keep all the parts in their 5 U.S. Warehouses themselves, so there is no way a dealer could keep them.

Quick Reply: My thoughts on the Honda shakeup