Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

The Tragedy Of The First ATVs, Three Wheelers

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002 | 10:39 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default The Tragedy Of The First ATVs, Three Wheelers

RAPTORYFM660r,

Yes, I will let you borrow some of my teeth, but not those in the picture. Here, take these:

Teeth I Will Let You Borrow

Old 10-17-2002 | 11:39 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I have to keep my mouth shut now, but My new Billy bob teeth really improved my looks. I am simply gorgeous trailer park trash.

Just think what I would look like if I had MALOCHALA teeth.

Chet

Old 10-17-2002 | 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Malochala...i agree with your worries about overregulations...i am half afraid to go some places now as i can hardly figure at times where the hell i'm allowed to ride my quad and where i'm not....and i do think your concerns about the possibility of quads being banned sometime down the road are indeed legitimate, if we continue to stand for the regulations that are constantly beng shoved down our throats....but i still stand by my opinion that no matter what the suspension denter of gravity, ground clearance, whatever....you can't compare the safety of a 3-wheeler to that of a quad....i can do more on a quad than i can on a trike....but i still love the trike!!!

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:31 PM
Range Rover

MALOCHALA, all I can say to what GreatCanadian just said is a resounding "DITTO". My feelings exactly. Your point in regulation is well taken and I agree fully, I simply disagree on the stability and handling issue.
About the legality of producing ATC's, I may be wrong but I don't think anyone can manufacture them for resale, period. The way I understand it the existing ones that were already produced were grandfathered in, but nobody can make and sell any more of them.

Old 10-17-2002 | 09:19 PM
RIP Dear Friend

TomBatts,

You need to scan it in bigger or its just not working for me.

The print is to small.

Nice Icon.

Chet

Old 10-17-2002 | 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I cut off everything from that web address except for the first part and the trx200x was sold in argintina (sp?) here's the link http://www.mario-sztein.com.ar

Old 10-18-2002 | 01:26 AM
Trailblazer

3-Wheelers can be produced and sold in the US today there is no LAW preventing this from happening, there has never been a law that prohibits any manufacturer from producing 3 wheelers!!! The concent decree was nothing more than a contract between the manufacturers and our lovely govt to stop producing 3-Wheelers for 10 yrs, nothing more or nothing less!

Old 10-18-2002 | 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

Yup, and some of us signed the petition to get them made again, but I doubt anything will ever come of it.

Old 10-18-2002 | 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

United States, the Land of the Free

Only as free as they allow!

Old 10-18-2002 | 10:34 AM
|
Pro Rider

TomBatts,

Thank you very much for providing that article from Dirtwheels. At first, I was a little confused about the date of it. It says August 11, 1997 at the top and August 1985 at the bottom....I'm a little slow, I guess! Tom Webb was apparently looking forward and not seeing a very encouraging view of the future. I hope he is at least somewhat relieved now.

By the way, I love your 350X. That thing looks great. I passed up a deal on one over the past summer, and my hands start to shake when I think about it now. What was I thinking?? At the time, I only wanted a quad. Now, I'm not so sure.

Thanks again for posting that.

GreatCanadian & Jerms,

I appreciate your responses very much, but I will not address the stability issue anymore. I've been very clear about my views, as you have yours.

We can go back and forth all day about comparing the stability of three wheelers to that of quads. Most likely, we'd never see eye to eye. And, there's nothing wrong with that. There are good arguments both ways, but when it gets down to it, it all comes back to the rider. Sadly, we'd be missing the real point of my thread altogether.

Moving on...

What exactly is the "Consent Decree"? What does it say and what has it accomplished? I remember Knowsalot said somewhere it actually had NOTHING to do with the manufacture of three wheelers.

Knowsalot,

Care to comment? Where's your brilliant mind when we need it?

RAPTORYFM660r

Just keep the teeth. I don't need them back. I have more.

Quick Reply: The Tragedy Of The First ATVs, Three Wheelers