Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

what to do????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do????

I currently ride a 400ex, and have had sport quads all my life. (Honda of course.) All my riding buddies ride sport quads. We ride trails mostly and we're pretty aggressive riders. But!!! Being 6'7" and 44 yrs. old, it's time for a change. I like the Rincon and I fit on it pretty well. Should I change to a Rincon, and would I be able to hang with the other guys? What do you guys think?

Old 10-20-2002, 03:30 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default what to do????

snappytom,

If you can afford it, I would say go for it.

Its a big quad and with your height I can see why you would fit on it good.

If you have ridden all those quads in your profile I would say you will have no problem keeping up with anyone and will have a comfortable ride while doing it.

I like the auto trans.

Honda is marketing the Rincon for just someone like you.

At 5'8" its just to big for me and almost seems like a one person small jeep when I sat on one.

At 46, I don't think I am growing anymore except in places where I don't like it.

Chet---Please vote for in the users proflie Icon---I need your vote--above right hand corner
VP Knowsalot Facility

Old 10-20-2002, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default what to do????

I say go for it snappytom. I am 6'0 and love everything about the rincon. I have never driven one but looked at them. If I could and had the money the would be no question as to what I would get, RINCON. I think in given time it will be the best all around quad money can buy. I am 20 yrs old and have rode all my life. Just as soon as I get out of school I will probably most definately be buying a honda Rincon. Good luck tom Josh

Old 10-20-2002, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default what to do????

Try a DS-650! Just about all the guys I know are very tall/big that ride the ds. The ds has the most comfortable seat and plush suspension of any quad I have ever ridden. I liked the Raptor but it just felt too small for me. You will love the feel of the new DS-650 or baja. You can have a comfortable ride and still keep up with the boys! BTW, I am 44 as well.

Old 10-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default what to do????

That's a good idea. We have a couple Bombardier dealers here in town. I noticed a couple on E-Bay also. Now it's decision time!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default what to do????

Ive seen the rincon and what a quad. Since you are a big guy it will fit u fine. I dont know if you are fat but if you are the seet is like huge its like a recliner. Of what i have heard it is a great machine. if you are hesitating about untilitys get a ds650. My friends dad has one and it is awesome but the wide rear axle is probably a bit tricky to get use too. But the comfortabilty is awesome because of the unbeleivable suspension and the seat is soft all around the gas tank. My friends dad has driven a Raptor and says it doesnt feel like it is an unbeleivable quad and it is no different from the others but the ds650 has a completely different feeling. But guess what he bought it perfect condition for $4500. Hope i am helpful.