Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New Pics from our Quad Video!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pics from out Quad Video!!!

Hey Guys,

I posted some pics on here a while ago from our new Quad Video that we are working on. Here is a quick update and some pics from in.

First the update...We are releasing a preview copy of the movie at the end of this week. It will be about 30mins long. When I get all of the details I will post on here to let everyone know. If you want a copy it will just cost you shipping and the cost of the tape. Next year we will be releasing a sellable copy, but we wanted to get something out the door before winter came.

Now on to the pics....

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES

If my server craps out you can CLICK HERE for the backup copies.

I hope they are both stable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Please give me your feedback on what you see so far.

-Josh

Old 11-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Pics from our Quad Video!!!

Kind of repetetive, don't ya think? I don't think pictures of wheelies are the best thing. You can't get a sense of how long they do it. I mean i am not dissing the pics but you should get some jumping in their. I found the grizzly pics very impressive.

p.s. Why do you guys always have to hit the wheelie bar?

Old 11-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said...the video will be out at the end of the week so you'll be able to see how long the wheelies and stuff are. They are all good distance wheelies.

Yes, the guy on the Grizzly is very impressive...he had one of his stand up wheelies for about 1/4 mile that day. 1/4 mile isn't that far, but keep in mind that he is on a big quad and he isn't going very fast when he does it.

Jumping pics....yes, there will be some MX action in the Vid. Unfortunatly we didn't get a lot of filming time at the tracks/pits so most of it is going to happen when we release the actual vid next summer.

As for the "wheelie bar" question. I personally am not intrigued by it, that is why you only see one pic of me doing it. However, in the streetbike stunt scene that is called a 12 o'clock wheelie. As you know, it's not hard to simply drag tail on an ATV, however some of the stuff these guys are doing is pretty tough considering they are moving in like 3rd & 4th gear. At that speed the quad can really get away from ya and send ya for a ride. It seems like everybody in the street stunt scene is into scraping. I find it more impressive on a bike, however even that is getting old because now all the stunters have scrape bars on the backs of their bikes which actually in some cases holds them up. I think it's more of a challenge and requires more skill just to hover with the grab bar about 3" off of the ground without touching...but enough about that...to each his own.

Keep the feedback coming...positive or negative.

Thanks.

-Josh

Old 11-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Range Rover

i thought the pics were pretty cool.... definately a lot of wheelies. i think what would really interest people would be to set up a drag strip (and state how long it is) and identify which quads were racing (and if modded, what mods were done to each) and take a pic of them crossing the finish line. This would give us all a sense of which ones are the fastest and how they stack up to each other. what would really be awesome is to include some helmet cam clips on the video. i like those the most because it's the closest thing i can get to riding another quad. the only hi-perf. quads i've ridden are yammies, so it would be cool to be in the drivers seat of varying machines. also, i can't stand it when quad videos have thrasher music playing so loud that you can't hear the engines. i hate just watching and not hearing them. when i hear them it puts me there... much moreso than just watching them. hearing them gives me a better sense of rpm, what the rider is doing with the throttle, etc.
any chance you could post some clips of the new vid on the web? you'd probably get much more interest that way (free and easy) then pursuading people to buy a pre-vid through the mail, even if it's relatively cheap. we're always looking for some good clips to download.

Old 11-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I deffinatly hope we can get some videos posted ASAP. I will talk to the Production Company working on the film. They have all of the footage.

The video will be set to music, however the sounds will be blended in in certain scenes. And yes, there is also a little bit of helmet cam footage during the MX/pit shots.

Your suggestions are appreciated and we will deffinatly be doing more of the stuff that people want during next years filming. This year we are all trying to get used to a lot of things. Mainly practicing stuff and getting used to riding with eachother and having the cameras there. It's weird how much more pressure it adds.

As for the drags, since our group mainly consists of 400ex's we don't have a lot we do with those. Plus it's kinda hard to go in that direction with a video...it is something to keep in mind though.

Now, regarding the pre-release video. I want to stress that I'm not persuading ANYBODY to buy it. This is mainly being put together for us to give out to the local crowd as a preview as for what is to come. I know a lot of people on here yearn for quad action just like I do, so I was offering to send a video FOR FREE. Of course, the shipping and cost of the tape would come into play, but that is simply because I don't have money of my own to spend on it. I would love it if I could send everybody a copy at absolutely no cost, but I can't.

Thanks again for your input...It is appreciated.

-Josh

Old 11-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

I really agree with talis about the music thing. I've seen "Juevos Grandes" and the only time they don't have music is if someone falls or does something giant. It kind of gets me mad. I remember reading from one of your forum topics long ago about you buying a stolen banshee. Have you gotten it back yet or any money for it. If you got it back you should definately put it in your video.

Old 11-05-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Jay,

I know what you mean about the Music in Huevos...I have seen a cut of our film and I have to say that I think ours is more subtle. I don't know...I guess I'm biased [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

As for my Banshee...yes, you will see it in the video...unfortunatly the air time is limited.

Nope, I still havent' gotten it back. Looks like it's gonna be a long court battle.

Thanks for the feedback...keep it coming.

-Josh

Old 11-05-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

sorry about the banshee. Is there gonna be any dunes or drag racing in this or is it just the MX and the wheelies?

Old 11-05-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Welp...we don't have dunes up here in VT, but there is some pit action on this version of the movie. Unfortunatly no drag racing, but if you guys are into that I'm sure we can get some in next summer.

Basically most of the movie right now is Street Freestyle because that is what we had time to do this year. Another large portion of it is MX track riding, and some is MX racing and Sand pit riding.

Like I said, this is just going to be a little preview of what's to come. We wanted to get something out this year so we could distribute it and see what people thought (mainly local people). With all of your suggestions I'm sure that next summer we'll be able to have a better overall video.

How many of you guys use Kazaa? When the vid is done I can put it on my computer and load it onto Kazaa for download....that way it would be totally free.

-Josh

Old 11-06-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Theres nothing like four 400 exs riding around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i like them alot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Pics from our Quad Video!!!