Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Tired of reading....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of reading....

I am tired of reading about the Rincon being a sorry and crappy ATV. Yesterday I finally read Dirt wheels 4x4 test. All they had to say about the Rincon was overall negative. Now I dont own one nor have I ever ridden one only looked at them. There is no way that it will only run 49 mph, (which dirt wheels said) It has got to be faster. From it being under powered, no EBS, and everything else that makes a good top of the line atv. The Rincon has to have these? Dirt wheels and all the other magazines are just pissing me off. There is no way honda would make an atv with there history as sorry as some people are saying the Rincon is. Maybe there just tired of honda being the best on earth.

Now for your true and loyal, faithful Rincon owers out there, give a good discription of the new Rincon. Is it pretty fast (like 55-65??) as apposed to 49. Does it have a good power band (low-mid-top) and throtle response. Can it handle plenty of work as well as play or sporty riding which i realize is what it is more for. And how is the 4x4 system? ANy other thing you want to note about your machine is fine as well.

I'm sorry but I had to vent on this matter somewhere. So I got it out. I just cant accept the fact that the Ricnon is an underachiever as some make it out to be.
And yes I am a loyal honda man as you can tell, However I think all quads are made good anyone, but still I would only buy a honda, as for any other I would buy it would be from yamaha. They are the best out there, HONDA and yamaha that is. Sorry for the length and thanks for any replies towards the Rincon!

Old 11-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know but it's got to be pretty bad for Dwheels to bash it.

Dwheels usually has their heads so far up Honda a$$ it isn't funny.

Old 11-08-2002, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Remember Dirt Wheels is done by people that are not the sharpest tool in the shed. About every article is got several tech mistakes and flat out lies. Try ATV Action or ATV Sport they are more up an up on most things. DW is more for 8 to 14 year olds kind of like MTV alot of noise and no real meaning.

Old 11-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer

I don't think there are many Rincon owners that read this forum. A couple weeks ago I put in a request for Rincon owners to tell us how their quads handle, what they like and dislike, and there were no responses. I would like to buy a new quad, but I would like to hear from some of them first.

Old 11-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

The rincon owners are so bussy using thier atv's for work and play the must not have time to dick around on-line like raptor owners

Old 11-09-2002, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RiDeNrEd03
I am tired of reading about the Rincon being a sorry and crappy ATV. Yesterday I finally read Dirt wheels 4x4 test. All they had to say about the Rincon was overall negative. Now I dont own one nor have I ever ridden one only looked at them. There is no way that it will only run 49 mph, (which dirt wheels said) It has got to be faster. From it being under powered, no EBS, and everything else that makes a good top of the line atv. The Rincon has to have these? Dirt wheels and all the other magazines are just pissing me off. There is no way honda would make an atv with there history as sorry as some people are saying the Rincon is. Maybe there just tired of honda being the best on earth.Now for your true and loyal, faithful Rincon owers out there, give a good discription of the new Rincon. Is it pretty fast (like 55-65??) as apposed to 49. Does it have a good power band (low-mid-top) and throtle response. Can it handle plenty of work as well as play or sporty riding which i realize is what it is more for. And how is the 4x4 system? ANy other thing you want to note about your machine is fine as well. I'm sorry but I had to vent on this matter somewhere. So I got it out. I just cant accept the fact that the Ricnon is an underachiever as some make it out to be. And yes I am a loyal honda man as you can tell, However I think all quads are made good anyone, but still I would only buy a honda, as for any other I would buy it would be from yamaha. They are the best out there, HONDA and yamaha that is. Sorry for the length and thanks for any replies towards the Rincon!
RiDeNrEd03,
You need to re-read that article and take a little more time with it. No where did they say the top speed was 49, no where. Seems to me that 49 was the radar speed at the end of their "quarter mile" sand drag. I will dispute that they were actually running a quarter because, heck, when we run 100 yard drags on hardpack I usually shut down between 51 and 53. I have read the article myself and I ride with a Rincon regulary (leaving at about 10 in the morning with one actually), and I don't dispute much else said by the DW staff. If all goes well maybe I can post a few pics of two Prairies and a Rinny dragging it out so you can see what I've seen.

Old 11-09-2002, 04:58 AM
RIP Dear Friend

There is going to be a Rincon near me, real soon, in real life situations. I can't wait till it happens.

This is an upgrade from Foreman 400.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2002, 11:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have rode the Griz 660, 700, and the R 650 but not the P 650. As far as the ride there is no comparison with any other quad to the Rincon. It handles like a solid axle but rides like an IRS that soaks up the ruff stuff like nothing else. The Griz feels soft (like it is wore out) but not as soft as the Polaris 700 when rode opposite the Rincon. I have personally seen the Griz out run the Rincon in a drag race by about a quad lenght but have some doubts as to wheather the results would be the same if raced on the trail with equal riders. The Rincon is geared high like everyone is saying, and I would compare it to being in 2nd to 3rd gear in most quads that shift, and does present a problem when on steep decents especially with the front drum brakes.

I patiently waited on the Rincon to be released and now looking at the P 650 and will be riding one hopefully very soon. The question I have is how much is the dependibility of a Honda worth as compared to the tinkering that the P 650 requires and does the power, brakes, and the locker minus the IRS out weigh this trouble?????

I know you asked only about the Rincon but I think the important thing is how it stacks up against the other big bores. Let me say that this is in no way a bash of any other quad but is simply this riders opinion and and this will vary depending on the personal tastes and riding styles.

Old 11-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Im not trying to start anything but sometimes companies make mistakes. Honda is not the best on earth you Honda owners have to learn that just because Honda usually makes some pretty awesome quads that they aren't best.....what Honda needs to do is go out there and do some R&D so when the 2004 and 2005 models come they will be the best out there.

Old 11-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

So what if the Rincon isn't the best utility quad or the fastest, has no EBS, no locking front diff or any other modern features. I'm sure it is reliable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hey, I heard the 250R was pretty good back in the day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A little sarcasm there for those that didn't get the point. Every manufacturer makes some good and some bad machines... Live with it.

I'm sure if DW praised the Rincon then you would believe that, right? But, if DW has something negative to say then it's BS... Hmmm????

Quick Reply: Tired of reading....