Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2004 Rincons

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Rincons

Has anyone heard of the improvements that will be made to the 2003 Rincon in '04? Maybe better engine braking? I am restling with whether I should wait to get an '04 in July or so or go ahead and get an '03 now...they are a little cheaper at the moment...salesman said they are dealing as they need to move some units. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

MileHighRider

Old 02-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2004 Rincons

dont be $tupid get a prairie

Old 02-09-2003, 12:11 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default 2004 Rincons

Originally posted by: prairievenom
dont be $tupid get a prairie
prairievenom,

What purpose did that serve to call someone stupid?

Isn't this the Honda forum!!!!!!!!

Chet

Old 02-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2004 Rincons

Hmm....does Kawasaki actually pay people to ride their ATV's? I can't think of any other reason to get one instead of a Honda.......lol

Old 02-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2004 Rincons

I am a Honda lover, and wouldn't have responded had the comment about the prairie not been in here, but if you are considering a Rincon, you may want to at least look at the Prairie. Depending on what you will be using it for it can be better. I've ridden both and seen both perform (not just one of each, but quite a few)...I don't know what you are looking for, but my husband races ours and it outperforms the Rincon, no contest, as far as speed and tight handling. The Rincon has great suspension, but if you are riding hard at all, it can hurt you some. The Rincon vibrates really bad due to the single cylinder, I think. I never try to talk people out of what they want, but it is always good to know what is out there. Both are great, but all have their pros and cons. And again, I LOVE HONDA, but the P650 has proven itself to me to be a great machine. My opinion is always worth what you paid for it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2004 Rincons

I have to put my 2 cents in on this one. I rode the 650 prairie for 2 hours on hard steep rough terrain last week i weigh 370lbs as soon as i sat on the new praire 650 the shocks went down about 5 inches as i was riding it thru deep tire tracks and accros them about 10-30 miles an hour the atv kept bottoming out, also as i was turning left or right at 10-30 miles an hour i had to keep shifting my body weight. yes it is fast but for my wieght, and the belt issues i know about from many owners, i wouldnt buy it, yes most people are not as heavy as me but suppose you want to carry some weight on the racks or take someone for a ride... Ok now this week i took my uncles new Rincon out for 2 hours in the exact same riding terrain.. WOW rode like a caddy honestly got on it shocks went down about 2 inches rode over those deep tracks and some hard deep holes and i felt like i was sitting on my couch as far as turns i was taking turns over 30 miles an hour with out having to lean at all it and the transmission in both manual and auto was flawless, by the way this is the same automatic transmission they have used in the honda civic for 30 years only upgraded, last as for power i couldnt open the throttle all the way and hold on, more power then you will ever need. No i dont own either and if i was able to afford either one it would be the honda hands down... By the way the posted question wasnt about what make atv to buy it was what year to go with.. Happy riding.

Old 02-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2004 Rincons

MileHighRider,
best price i can find so far is $6598 around here. i don't know of any benefits of waiting for an '04.
i can't see how they could make any significant improvements for '04 concidering it's only been around one year. plus, the ATV is quite nice just the way it is! it really kicked-a$$ in the Baja endurance race! showed the competition who is the boss!

do you think Honda would add low range? better engine braking below 7MPH? disc up front?...i highly doubt it. doing so would kinda show they actually listen to the CUSTOMER! (LOL)

read the ATVMagazine shoot-out. the Rincon got a nice review.

good luck with whatever you buy,
-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2004 Rincons

Thank you all for your responses and I sincerely hope that no one was offended by my kaw comment....it was just a joke. I am sure that both the kaw prarie and yam griz are fine fine units and I would be happy with either. While I have done some research and understand most of the major differences in the three units, at this point, I have my "heart" set on the honda. If nothing else just based on appearance and re-sale value. I am not sure that I will do anything in particular that any of the three will benefit me more than the other.

I live in CO and plan to use it on camping trips and just ridin' the mountains and maybe some snowplowing......with 3 kids, I won't be doing anything too outrageous. Anyway, the one thing I have heard about the RINCON is the lack of solid engine braking...which might affect my speed coming down steep steep hills. But again, while I am sure it might happen, I do not intend on going down any treacherous terrain on a regular basis. Mtpockets.....appreciate the info on price....I may be able to get the price down to about that here.....$6,700 with NO del/setup/dest which I think can be about $600-$700. Not being very familiar with the ATV manufacturers over the years, I simply do not know what type of changes they tend to make from one year to the next so I thought I would ask what everyone thought about the '04 unit.

Thanks again all!

MILEHIGHRIDER (TO BE)!!!

Old 02-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2004 Rincons

$6598-no freight-no set up- no destination charges......just add sales tax.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2004 Rincons

Great....thx mt.....btw, does anyone suggest putting different tires on the Rincon or should I just stay with the stock tires? If so, any particular brand/size? Also, any suggesstions on other accessories that people tend to put on these units would be appreciated.