Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliability

I live way up north where its cold and isolated. I have recently decided to purchase a quad. So for the last three months I have been reading and asking questions about comfort, reliability, and maintenance of various quads. Some of the people that I talked to work for the gas field companies. These people must drive miles through thick woods and bog to get to their worksite. They put anywhere between 1000 - 3500 miles on their quads in one year! All of the quads are bought buy the companies they work for, by the way. When asked what they prefer the answer was ... Honda. They have tried Polaris, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda and Arctic cat. These guys beat the hell out of these machines and on the average Honda stood out as having both low maintenance and high reliability. I dought that any one uses their quad as much as these guys do or treats them as bad, (remember they didn't pay for them the company did). Some quads are known for the ride (Polaris) or the power (Kawasaki Prairie) but ask around and you will see who sets the bench mark for reliability. Not saying that Honda's don't break down, that would be a silly thing to say, But pound for pound you can't go wrong with Honda. If you wish to speak about performance or ground clearance or comfort then that is something different. So when I buy It will be Honda. As for someone to argue any different, unless they are gonna pay for my quad, they have no good arguement.

Old 02-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliability

You're in the Honda forum, no need to explain here! Try getting away with your solid thought process in one of the other forums and you'll get some not-so-deserved flack!

Ride red, or just stay home!