Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Question for Rinconeers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Rinconeers.

CatKrazy, i know there are machines out there that will out pull yor arctic cat. The arctic cats are decent machines, but the reason you can pull the others is because of all the modifications you have. The independent arctic cats also seem to have some axle and universal joint problems. My honda(foreman 400 4x4) has more low end than an arctic cat 454 too.My friend was driving one, and we was on gravel. I put my honda in second gear and hammered on it, and it took off throwing gravel. He tried it on the cat, and it wouldnt even begin too spin the tires. Like i said, they seem to be good machines, but the only reason an arctic cat would outpull my honda would be because it weighs more, not because of low end torque.

Old 05-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

Still reading here.

I must point out my ONLY atv dealer anywhere remotely near me is a Honda agency which I enjoy an excellent relationship with.

The Rubicon probably would be the wise choice and I may go as far as pricing all the bits require to retrofit it with Traxlok.

Apparantly, Honda have tons of Rubicons all locked up in 4wd that they are having big trouble selling.
If THEY retrofitted them, they would fly out the dealers doors.

4wd combined with that solid rear axle means that steering is almost non-effective when pulling a heavy load up an incline.
It just wants to keep going in a straight line.
Now if they had stuck a proper differential in the rear of the Rincon, wouldn't that have been something.
They certainly have the ground clearance to do it.
Won't be doing anything until later in the year so I'll keep y'all posted.

Thanks again for all the views.

Old 05-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Gerard, do you mean the Rincon has no 2-4 wheel drive switching? What is TRAXLOK?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

RedneckE

I thought this forum disaperred

anyways. i just recently installed all the mods. i was out doing the hondas and such before. I like honda always have!

Low end torque does not mean spinning then tires! You have your wires crossed! When something is geared low and is able to produce the RPMs to turn them,and not spin is a combination of the gearing and low end torque! You couldnt take a offroad truck say with 4:11 or lower gears and smoke the tires on pavemant like you could a stock geared chevy!

I have had many bikes and I have not found a better combination than Arctic Cats! Sure ther are better bikes out therem and some are going to perform better in different areas of the mud.

And trust me the bike helps, but its the ridder that makes the difference!

Old 05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

Traxlok 4wd-2wd switching, Rincon has it, Rubicon hasn't.

Advantages with it: smaller turning circle, minimal tyre scrubbing when 4wd not needed.

Old 05-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

YES MY FATHER IN LAWS 03 FOREMAN HAS TRAX LOC its the 450 foreman

Old 05-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gerard, the Rubicon 500 is permanent 4 wheel drive correct? The Rincon has 2 and 4 wheel drive correct? Is the 500 Rubicon the same block as the 450 but bored out a little?

Old 05-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Don't know about same block, unlikely as the 500 is watercooled.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

I just read all of this post and I think you need to look at a few things. If Honda is nearly the only one available, that limits your options. Next take a look at alll the specs and then take a test ride of all that you like. Finally make your own decision. I ride a Cat and find that I trully love it. I am the only one out of everyone that I usually ride with. They all have Polaris and I have yet been able to either outshine or be put down. The biggest thing I have have found is expierience. Choose the one you want.

Old 05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

I see what u are saying CatKrazy and its probably true for the most part. I just like honda's, but like i said, the arctic cats do seem to be good machines, and a cat would probably be second or 3rd in line with my favorite brands. If hondas wernt around i would have to check out the cats, and yamahas for my second picks probably. I do like the fact that you can get all the sizes that Arctic Cat makes in automatics in manual shift too(besides the 375) because i like manuals better than automatics, but the honda also has ESP on all their automatics. The only thing i wish my fourwheller had is a front locker, TraxLock, and maybe higher ground clearence. Maybe some day ill add a warn 424 or something to it.