Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Tow Behind Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow Behind Wagon

I was surfing the web not too long ago, and I came across an ATV trailer/wagon (to pull BEHIND the ATV, not to pull the ATV with), and I can't find it for the life of me. The trailer had full clearance like an IRS ATV. It didn't have an axle all the way across the bottom, instead it had brackets that held the wheels. Has anyone ever seen these or used them? Do you have a link?

I'm looking for something to haul wood, and use on logging roads. Is there anything out there that anyone would recommend? I want something sturdy, not some craftsman sheetmetal trailer.

Thanks,
Bo

Old 06-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tow Behind Wagon

Don't know about a high clearance trailer - I woudn't mind having one of those myself - but I also started out using a craftsman garden trailer to haul firewood, and it came apart pretty quickly.

Replaced it with the long Arctic Cat trailer, which has fat tires for rough terrain, and it has been a real wood hauler. It has a plastic tub bed, but real thick plastic, hasn't shown any cracks in two years of hauling hardwood in it.

Nichols (featured on this site) has some very nice, but expensive, trailers.

Try to get fat tires, they don't get hung up on rough terrain the way the skinny ones do.

Old 06-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Tow Behind Wagon

Gander Mtn. has a atv trailer with a plastic tub and larger tires. I think that's what I would get.

I used our lawn trailer to go around our horse fence a while back. I drove pretty slow and the neck of the trailer was bent very bad. Just make sure whatever you get can take some bumps.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tow Behind Wagon

take a look at "my page", I built it in 1996 for my old bike...real handy for my 4 day trips...

Old 06-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tow Behind Wagon

http://www.summitstands.com/productD...aspx?id=329126

I just bought the single axel Pack Mule made by Summitt. I got it at a Gander Mtn. in MN. It was on sale for $299. It has two 450 lb. shocks for each wheel. I kinda wish they would have had the twin axel available, but I do like the ability to fold up when transporting the ATV and trailer.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Tow Behind Wagon

Nichols trailers on this web site might be able to help. Also, check out northern Hydraulics....they have a lot of parts to build your own with..

Old 09-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tow Behind Wagon

there is a really cool looking trailer ive seen in northern hydraulics called a explorer xL4 it has 4 wheels and can hold 2500 lbs. hope i didnt send this too late im new [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] when i get the $ im going to get it and it dumps too. its around 800 bucks or so but probably well worth it.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Tow Behind Wagon

Check out Nichols trailers. They have some pretty cool trailers and are also a sponsor to the forums.Text

Old 09-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tow Behind Wagon

www.atv-trailer.com

Old 09-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tow Behind Wagon

I seen the one your talking about, it had torsion stub axles welded to the frame, lots of clearance. They had a flat bed and a mesh one with sides that were V'd out. They are made byLMIwelding.com

I made my own 4x6 trailer, atv tires,no suspension, it's in my pictures, works great.

Quick Reply: Tow Behind Wagon