Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

what do you guys think of this scope?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do you guys think of this scope?

i just purchased a Leupold vari-x 3 4.5-14x50mm to go on my new rifle if any of you have this scope or have ever used one what do u think of it? will i be sorry for buying it?

Old 06-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You wont be sorry buying any leupold or zeiss. They are the top of the line and excellent performers. If I remember correctly the leupold is a little better than the zeiss in low light conditions.

Old 06-30-2004, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will be very disappointed and you should just give it to me to take off your hands [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

j/k....you'll love it......

Old 06-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: joechum
i just purchased a Leupold vari-x 3 4.5-14x50mm to go on my new rifle if any of you have this scope or have ever used one what do u think of it? will i be sorry for buying it?
I would guess you will be quite happy with this scope depending on what you intend to use it for. It has quite good light gathering ability and I have never had one that failed to hold zero. Be sure to follow the instructions that came with the scope for adjusting it to your vision and eliminating parrelax. (sp?)

Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

I do not know about that specific scope but I will tell you if you should have problems with it Leupold stands behind their products.

I bought a $300 spotting scope that was clearanced priced to 123 since it was the display model and it turned out that it would not fine tune adjust and when I tried to return it to the dealer they told me to try and get the manufacture to fix it since they did not have a replacement for it. So I contacted them and they told me to send it to them and 2 weeks later I got a brand new one from UPS, that was friday and I sent it to them on the 14th of this month. So I got a 300 dollar scope for a 123 dollars and after dealing with Leupold I will now only buy their products.

The scope is a 15 to 45 x 60 Sequoia and I am amazed how it draws in the light compared to my old Bushnell one.

AlaskaBoy.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

I've got a couple of the Leupold Vari-X scopes and love them. It would be pretty hard to go wrong with Leupold. Damn fine rifle scope. What type of reticle does it have? What kind of rifle are you using it on?

I've been trying out a couple of scopes with illuminated reticles lately and don't think I'll ever buy another scope without one.

Oh, and make sure you get good high quality mounts for that scope. A crappy set of mounts will drive you insane or possibly make you cry like a little girl.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, Leupold makes some great scopes......you'll be happy of your purchase!

Old 07-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: vrz500tbx
you will be very disappointed and you should just give it to me to take off your hands [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

j/k....you'll love it......
No, don't do it, send it to meeeeeeeeeee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Great scope. I have that same scope in both 40 and 50 mm. The VX III are great scopes. They do really good in the evening when it's starting to get dusk out, nice crisp and bright view.
If you are using it for big game it will work great, expecially at long ranges. I expect some pctures to be posted of the big boys you shoot with it.

Good Luck

Old 07-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

its not the illuminated reticle and its on a remington model 700 bdl ss in a 7mm short action ultra mag

Old 07-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Sweet. Nice rifle. The scope should be an excellent match for the rifle.

My next bolt action rifle will probably be a Remington 700 in .300 Remington Ultra Mag with a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x50mm with an illuminated reticle or a Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 with an illuminated reticle. I've been playing around with an older mil-dot reticle scope and I'm trying to see how well I like it before I buy a new scope with that type of reticle.

Quick Reply: what do you guys think of this scope?