ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Hunting, Trapping, Game Management (https://atvconnection.com/forums/hunting-trapping-game-management/)
-   -   How to get rid of mean wild dog??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/hunting-trapping-game-management/178308-how-get-rid-mean-wild-dog.html)

Catterman 10-29-2004 06:11 PM

How to get rid of mean wild dog???

Hey guys, there is this wild dog that keeps coming around our place, getting into the garbage, causing problems, etc. We live in "town" so no shooting of guns is allowed. What is the best way to kill it? I was thinking poision, but wouldn't have a clue as to what to use. Any idea's?

Yfz450VsBanshee 10-29-2004 06:12 PM

Shoot him with a broadhead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

maddog56 10-29-2004 08:13 PM

Leave a tray of antifreeze out.

TrailBlazerguy250 10-29-2004 08:22 PM

use a bow

Catterman 10-29-2004 09:30 PM

I don't have a bow up here yet, good one though as that would be fun too.

Does that antifreeze thing really work? How much would it take? Could I just soak a steak in it over night and then leave it out for him?

TrailBlazerguy250 10-29-2004 09:57 PM

lol yeah it would be, antifreeze would work, maby mix a little gas and karosene in w/ it lol

UBETRUN 10-29-2004 09:58 PM

Poisoning is cruel. If you want to kill it, do it quick so there isn't much pain. A broadhead doesn't seem to hurt much, I've seen deer jump and then act like nothing happened...until they fell over dead. If you live in an urban setting, you could call animal control.

PINKMOON 10-29-2004 10:17 PM

Antifreeze should not be an option. It will kill all animals in the area that have access to it. It kills them Very slow and it is a very cruel way to get ride of a unwanted animal. Any other critters in the area that have a sense of smell will get into it as well. If you live in town ..why not have the local authorities get ride of it. If you must do it yourself find a quick humane why to do it.

PINKMOON 10-29-2004 10:23 PM

If you can get close enough to it you could use bear mace of pepper spray on it....it would not die ..but it would Never hang out around your place again

PINKMOON

Coyotechaser 10-30-2004 01:12 AM

Could you secure the garbage so it could not get to it? Do you have animal control in Alaska? SPCA?

Some dogs will eat antifreeze, I guess it smells sweet or something. I would never do it but maybe some bread soaked in it?

Will the dog let you near him? Throw him in your truck (or whatever) and take him for a long ride. Drop him in the next town.

It's a shame to kill him. He's just trying to survive.

Animal control is probably best if available. Let them take him and kill him.

Maybe a silencer?