Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

used my M.A.D. wildlife eye camera !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used my M.A.D. wildlife eye camera !!!!

I don't know if anybody saw these game cameras or was thinking about getting one. I just wanted to let you know it works amazing !!!!!! I have gotten alot of video in the last 2 weeks, one doe even licked my lens !!!!! well worth the money

Old 08-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have been thinking of getting one. I have an extra Sony camcorder, so I got the "ok" from the wifey to get one. I have seen them alot on the Drury outdoor videos lately, the only thing holding me back is the "lanc" connection. I dont think my sony has one. What kind of camera are you using in it? Please tell me more about it. I cant find a website that will give a list of compatible cameras.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also had trouble figuring out what cameras it was compatible with, the last thing I wanted to do was buy it then have it not work with my camera. I have a Sony HC42 mini DV camera. Does your camera have a lanc connection??
The box came with a list of cameras that will work with it, what model number is your camera??? i will see if its on the list.
It is very easy to use, it comes with a DVD that tells you how to work it, you can change a bunch of setting to make it come on at set times, like 1 hour before dark, daytime only, or 24 hours. I have it set for 24 hours, when there is movement or heat it turns on for 17 seconds then shut off for 30, but you can change it to your liking.
This camera is great, well worth the money hands down

Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for looking up the model....it is a Sony DCR-TRV480. I appreciate it. Is there anyway to send me some video clips or post them somewhere? I just bought 2 cheap digital trail cameras from wally world for $98 a piece.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, i did some research, it doesn't look good. Your model camera is not on the list, for what its worth neither was mine. They must have printed the list of compatible cameras before my camera came out, but it works. I called cabelas, where i got my wildlife eye from, its not on their list either. So i looked it up on druryoutdoors.com , when you click on the wildlife eye link it takes you to Kolpin.com, I guess they make it. I emailed customer service with your model number to see if its compatible, we'll see what they say. I know the main thing you have to have is the LANC connection, thats what tells the wildlife eye to turn your camera on, if your camera doesn't have one, it won't work.
I will have to see if I can get my film on the computer to send to you. I'm not really good with computers and I have dial-up, which sucks and takes forever. But I'll see what I can do.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

whats your email address, i will scan the list of compatible cameras and send it to you

Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

I really appreciate your time and effort. My email is Email address .Thanks again and if you find a way to send the video...please do. What interesting things have you caught on it?

Trending Topics

Old 09-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am going to go get my camera tomorrow, to charge the batteries and check the tape. So I will let you know whats new on it. Nothing out of the ordinary taped so far, Ive only had it 2-3 weeks now. Does, fawns, 2 smaller bucks and alot of turkeys. We do have coyotes, black bears, fox and an occasional Bobcat on our hunting grounds so it would be nice to get them on film. I have it set up on a 1 acres food plot (buckwheat), hence the deer and turkeys. The only downfall to the camera is this (and it isn't that bad) But you can either set it up to tape on movement day and night or just days. So if you put it on 24 hour mode, you have to turn the night shot button on, for the camera, then slide down a filter screen in front, so you can see at night, which is good for dark, the first and last hours of the day. But when the turkey are in the buckwheat thru the day, the quality of picture isn't very good.
My plan is this, keep it on 24 hours in the fall , make a couple mock scrapes in november to get buck pictures, then when hunting season is over and food is scarce, I will put it on days only and put it beside our feeder, all animals will visit thru daylight hours then, so i can get good color pictures. I spray it with scent blocker, keep it outside and wear rubber boots when i visit it or move it.
You can buy the wildlife eye only $289 or with a camcorder already in it $899 . The camera that comes with it is a Mini DV HC 21, But you can buy the HC21 for about $300, so its silly to buy the package deal.
I will keep you posted

Old 09-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't believe that I finally found someone that has the Wildlife Eye. I wanted to know if it works before I bought one, and from the sound of things it does. I even e-mailed Drury but they never e-mailed me back. I was also wondering how clear it records, how far before it gets a bad picture, and how loud it is. Did you get any big bucks on there yet. When you buy it without the camcorder do you have to buy any wires or connections for it or do they come with it. During the day with the filter on can you still tell how many points there are on a buck or is it kind of hard to tell. I also have a small food plot and was wondering where you put your Wildlife Eye. If you could help me I would realy appreciate it.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

wow thats alot of questions !!! lol It works great, no doubt. As far as recording quality, It depends on your camcorder i guess. I have a Sony Mini DV HC42, it has great pictures. It is so quite, i can't tell when it comes on, so no problems with the sound. Depending on the temp. it records movement out to sixty feet.
There are 3 main settings, 24 hour mode, daylight only and a set time( you can set it to come on , say, 1 hour before dark then shutdown at dark. I use the 24 hour mode now. Great pics, its black and white, greenish look. You can count points probably 20 feet at night and 50-60 in the day. I have mine in the middle of the woods, so it stays pretty dark thru the day, so its good day pics also. If you put it on a foot plot of 24 hour mode, where there is alot of sun, you will have to try to face it north, so it limits the sunlight intake. But it will take good pics thru the night and first and last hour of the day. It is super fast, no delay, i get deer heads coming into the screen, not a** shots walking away.
If you use your own camcorder, you don't need to buy any wires. your camera needs a LANC connector and nightshot for it to compatible. No big bucks yet, 7,6,6,4, turkeys, raccoon, doe and fawns.
It is silly to buy it w/ the camcorder already in it, if you buy the same camcorder they use in it , then buy the wildlife eye, you can save roughly $300 dollars.
i have a list of compatible camcorders if you want me to look them up.
1 downfall with this eye is, if you have it set up to come on w/ movement, the longest it records is 17 seconds (7 is the shortest and 17 is the longest) then it shuts down for 30 seconds (30 is the shortest and 1 hour is the longest) I buck was in front of the camera and it shut off after 17 seconds and he was getting very close to the eye, it looked like he was going to sniff the lens, it would be nice if you could set it to shut down like 30 seconds after the last movement, but oh well, you still get an idea whats in your woods and it beats still photos. by far.
battery lasts for weeks at least 2 up to 1 month, so set it and walk away
anything else??? lol later

Quick Reply: used my M.A.D. wildlife eye camera !!!!