Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

BUBBAQUICK!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone got a pair of these gun holders? I seen them in north american whitetail magazine and they look like a great way to carry your gun.

Old 11-10-2000, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

I have met people with them, but never used them. They seem useful.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a pair after looking at the web site bubba-q.com I like how they work. Good luck to all you hunters!

Old 11-16-2000, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

Guys, I hate to bash a product but that thing has got to be the most unsafe product I have ever seen for ATV use. Think about it......what if ya roll the quad over?? I want NOTHING near me when I need to make a fast exit from my machine. However, for tree stands it looks like the ideal tool. Just a thought. Mark

Old 11-16-2000, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I must agree. It seems very unsafe for ATV use, yet an ideal product while in a tree stands. I would highly recommend the Koplin gun boot for firearm transportation while on an ATV.

Old 11-19-2000, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

After using them a little I would have to disagree about them being unsafe. From what I can tell I would'nt be restricted from getting off my atv if I needed to. The act of flipping a atv over is the only dangerous thing, whether you have a gun or not. I havent used them in a treestand because my stand has a rail around it to lay my gun on, but for as the atv part goes, there the best things I've ever bought for carrying your gun.

Old 11-20-2000, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, Here’s a stupid question. Don’t most states require firearms to be cased during transportation?

Old 11-23-2000, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay Deerhunter tell me how these things work. I looked at the website and they look like what I might need for coyotes. I can't figure out from the pictures how they work. Where do they mount? How do they hold the rifle?

In Montana you can't hunt big game from a motorized vehicle. You cannot shoot from a roadway. Varmints fall into another catagory all together. While off the roadway on private private property shooting varmints from a motorize vehicle is permitted. Shoot at a coyote just once from a motorized vehicle and miss and you put that coyote in high gear every time a motorized vehicle comes over the horizon.

I only shoot at coyotes from a motorized vehicle when I encounter a stupid one, one that jumps up close or stops.

Gophers now that is something else. They are everywhere. Lots of shooting. Ammo budget per year is 5500 rounds of .22lr and 2000 rounds .223 40 gr V-max in assorted calibers.

This will be my first year using the ATV for gophers. That Bubbaqucik might be just the thing.

DD

Old 11-23-2000, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

You wear them around each thigh of your legs. They are elastic straps that tight around your legs and have this very wide velcro sewn across it, with tabs to pull to release the gun. Its like laying your gun across your lap while riding and have it to stay there. I've practiced a little to see how fast I can get my gun and it aint but a split second longer than just picking it up from off my lap without the bubba's being on. Hope this helps and have a happy thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2000, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Two last questions. [OL][*]Will these bubbaquick things support the weight of a 10-11 lb rifle while standing?
[*]What attaches to the rifle to make it attach to the leg straps
[/OL]

DD