Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

What all "toys" do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What all "toys" do you have?

I was raised on a farm, where a firearm was a tool, like any other. And fun on weekends... sort of like a quad is on a farm today. Anyway, some of my arsenal:

Springfield M1A. If I had to get rid of all of my guns but one, this would be it. Well balanced, accurate, hard hitting, and an action that has been through two major wars without complaint.

Springfield 03/A3. I really prefer this to a Garand. Better balanced, a bit more accurate. Has to be one of the finest bolt action rifles ever made.

Browning Gold Hunter DU edition. Traded an old Big Bear for this and $300, brand new in the box. It is a sweet shooter. Seems to handle 2 3/4" shells okay. Soaks up the recoil. I will say that 3.5" turkey loads really smart in this gun, so I'd hate to experience them with a pump action.

Winchester 52D. Finest smallbore bolt action ever made. Pick one of these up at a gun show, and you're going to want it.

Winchester 9422M YellowBoy. .22 magnum. Built with quality, not price, in mind. Bought it new for $500, could sell it for far more today. But then I wouldn't have it.

Weatherby Vanguard, 300 WBY Magnum. A round for this looks like a howitzer shell. Only rifle I ever owned that came from the factory with a recoil pad. It will punch through a 6" sapling and keep on going.

Desert Eagle Mk1, .357 Mag. Kicks about like a 9mm, not much recoil. Quite accurate.

Colt 1911. My dad carried this in China during the war. Still shoots great.

Beretta 92FS. Well balanced, feels good in the hand.

Colt Woodsman Match Target. Perfect balance, very accurate, highest quality gunsmithing.

S&W 629. Stainless, 44 mag, 8 3/8" barrel. I call it the Pimp Chaser, because outside of target shooting and hunting, that's about all you could do with it. It is huge. Very accurate, if you can take the blast.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What all "toys" do you have?

CZ 452ZKM-my first gun.
Berreta AL391-My Trap-skeet and field gun.
Remington 597- inexpensive squirell/fun gun.
Tikka T3 270 WSM- my Deer Rifle.

That is my small but functional collection [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]