Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

First One

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2000, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fellas,
I finally got to drag one out of the woods!!!! The first day out this year during gun (slug) season. I got a 175#, 8 point buck after being in the woods maybe 15 minutes. It was as everyone has described to me, an extreme rush to finally bag a buck. Although I was only about 100 yards from my back door, I still got the Foreman out to do yet another of it's intended duties. It was a proud moment for the both of us.

Old 12-06-2000, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

ESears:
Guess I'll be the first to congratulate you, great job! Did you get any pics of him? If so, I'd be interested in seeing him. That's cool you got to use your quad to go get him, I had to do it the hard way. Well, my buddies did anyway, as they were so happy for me shooting my first, they actually wanted to drag him back to the truck for me. It was all downhill, so it really wasn't that bad, and I did take a few turns at it as well, but man, I'll never forget that experience. I've always loved hunting, but now after actually getting one, I think I can safely say it's in my blood, and I'M HOOKED!

Again, great job on your first buck! And, if you're interested, I've got a couple pics of mine up at the link below in the "my first buck" album. Take care,

Mike

Old 12-07-2000, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

esears and cowboy: So where are the pics?

Congrats on the deer to you both. So far my Big Bear hasn't hauled one out. Deer and hog have been hauled the hard way, lots of grunt & sweat.
How much you wanna bet the first time I get to haul game on the Big Bear, it'll be a gobbler?

Old 12-08-2000, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

PDavis:
I've got a few up at the link below, under "my first deer" folder. He's not big by any means, but he is my first, so I'm thrilled to death!

Mike

Old 12-10-2000, 05:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Whooa!!, Way to go! My first one was about 12 yrs ago. 1st and only, so far. When I got my foreman I assumed I would have the time and do it the easy way. Boy was I wrong! Being a Dad and working for an excellent company, little is left for hunting. But I will never give up!! Soon I will be out in the woods scouting out a spot. Smelling the crisp clean air, hearing my heart beat-you can't always hear that when your in the city! Solitude-calm-cold-clean-crisp-fun!

Old 12-10-2000, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like my kind of day, solitude, crips clean, but it'll be a while before that happens again, so I'll just have to vicarious live it until my eye recovers from surgery. Hopefully in time for the smoke pole season in a few weeks.