Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Gun control

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gun control

I don't think we will get much argument in this form; sportsmen seem to think alike. We are just preaching to the choir in here. What each of us needs to do is put our thoughts together and make sound and logical aurguments and post them on left wing blogs. Nothing drives them nuts more than a reasonable argument. I've been band from several because I use reason and logic. I never make personal attacks, even when I am called everything in the books. I merely point out the incorrect information they are attempting to pass off.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"Law-abiding firearms owners who choose to own a gun to defend themselves or their families are part of the solution and not part of the problem." Attorney Chuck Michel

Old 04-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gun control

Gun control mean HITTING YOUR TARGET!

Also, I cannot reccomend nor would I suggest that we all go and join the NRA as there have been quite a few things that the NRA has endorsed that myself and many others DO NOT agree with 100%. Take the recent basting and blasting of the outdoor life writer (Jim Zumbo, I think) as a case and point. The NRA, Remington and many others who push gun owners rights slaughtered him for a single misrepresented remark. Despite the years of support and good he had done for gun rights and the sport of hunting. Sort of killing our own there.

This is America and each of us is allowed to have our own opinion and not have others opinions forced upon us. Which I feel the NRA and other gun control lobbyists do at times.

SJ

Old 04-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gun control

Originally posted by: pabst660r
shoot em....HAHAHAHA!
guns don`t kill people...i kill people (with humor).
Yer killin' me, pabst!

Hah!

Seriously, I'm hard core against gun control, but this Cho-mamma guy shouldn't have gotten one.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gun control

I don't completely agree with the NRA either, I told them that I was tired of getting redundant mail and asking for money. I also told them they could save a lot of money by not sending me and others who are members,the same junk mail over and over..thats very expensive,and costs a lot of money.the same money that could be used in a good lobby position.If we don't govern ourselves,the anti-firearms people will do it for us.The NRA,unfortunately is all we have,we need new blood in the association.At the top!

Old 04-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gun control

The truth about gun control is using both hands to steady the gun before pulling the trigger......LOL. Now that is true gun control, the rest of what congress wants to do is nothing more than take away more of our freedoms. GUN CONTROL.....JUST HIT YOUR TARGET!......LOL

Old 04-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gun control

Originally posted by: DeeDawg
I don?t think we will get much argument in this form; sportsmen seem to think alike. We are just preaching to the choir in here. What each of us needs to do is put our thoughts together and make sound and logical aurguments and post them on left wing blogs. Nothing drives them nuts more than a reasonable argument. I?ve been band from several because I use reason and logic. I never make personal attacks, even when I am called everything in the books. I merely point out the incorrect information they are attempting to pass off.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"Law-abiding firearms owners who choose to own a gun to defend themselves or their families are part of the solution and not part of the problem." Attorney Chuck Michel

Excellent points!!

Now post up some links so I can go have a battle of wits with some unarmed opponets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gun control

From the responses I am probably preaching to the choir but here's some food for thought:

---One only has to read some of the writings in the Federalists Papers to see that the authors of our Constitution with its Bill of Rights wanted an armed population (of civilians) to keep the federal government from becoming too overbearing against its citizens .... in other words to keep the government in check (we haven't done a very good job folks)!!!!

---If we are going to pick and choose which Amendments to the Constitution we will adhere to (like the "gun banners" want to do) we could easily ban the Islamics from America. Right now radical elements of that religion want to see our dear country destroyed. To me that sounds like a good reason(using emotional thinking) to drive ALL Islamics out....in essence "ban" them! Yet the free practice of religion is guaranteed in the Bill of Rights ...... and this American stands by that!! The Islamo-Fascist stay and practice the law abiding aspects of their religion, I don't like it, but I defend their right to stay!

---The Second Amendment should have the support of ALL Americans too. But many, on the Right (Mayor Bloomberg, Mayor of NYC, Rudy Guiiani, Republican presidential candidate) as well as the Left( most Democrats....especially from the North and East along with Kalifornia) want to wipe it off the books. Their plan is to do it in increments.....first the semi autos that "shoot many rounds" and "look like military guns". Then any semi auto (ie: your shotgun for duck hunting, etc.). Then pump/bolt actions that hold more than 3 rounds. Then ANY firearm. This is well documented strategy!

---The right of self defense SHOULD be the MOST fundamantal right we as humans have. Take away my methos of self defense you take away my life (potentially). Police response times are 99% of the time not quick enough to prevent disaster.

---Firearms are used to approximately 450,000 times a year in the commission of a crime. They (firearms) are used approximately 2.5 million times a year in self-defense/prevention of crime.

---Last but not least............It is the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights that guarantees all the other Rights. Without an armed population the federal government can become as oppressive as it wants to be (see: the confiscation of legal firearms in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina .... weapons being used for defense against roving bands of looters/anarchists).

Couple of quotes to chew on:

The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots from time to time!

or

Ammunition....the currency of the new milleneum!

Cho was a chump and a calculating psychotic ...... several armed citizens could have severely minimized the damage and heartache this freak caused ...... all the "gun control" in the world would have had no effect but to delay his acts or cause him to use another method!

If you'll notice, most of these mass killings occur in "gun free" zones!!!!! Humph! The citizens are disarmed and nearly defenseless!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default Gun control

The one simple and undeniable fact is that gun laws do not work!

I have no problem with each legal gun buyer having a full and thorough background check. In the case of the VT shootings it might have prevented the legal sale. But it would not have prevented the shootings. This psycho would have simply purchased illegal firearms to commit his murderous rampage.

The problem is that gun laws put more guns into criminal hands, and less into the general public's. An intelligent, trained, and sensible gun owner, is a safe gun owner. And could be the first line of defense in many cases. In many cases it could be the only line of defense. Had even one student been able to carry, this could have been a far different story.

You cannot rely on the police to protect you. Fact is, they cannot, and they are not liable to do so. Our law enforcement, by in large, is reactionary. They chase the criminal after the crime. And in rare, lucky cases, they might prevent it. This is not a knock on law enforcement, they do the best they can. But there is only so much they can do, for they too are limited by the law.

The reality is that this world is messed up. Schools are a prime target because murderous fiends know they will face no opposition, they know that no one will be armed and able to stop them. Those people were literally sitting ducks for this madman, and I feel horrible for the families of the dead, it is horrible. I feel bad for the people who lived, and will have to carry the images in their minds forever.....

Old 04-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gun control

Originally posted by: swampyjunior
Gun control mean HITTING YOUR TARGET!

Also, I cannot reccomend nor would I suggest that we all go and join the NRA as there have been quite a few things that the NRA has endorsed that myself and many others DO NOT agree with 100%. Take the recent basting and blasting of the outdoor life writer (Jim Zumbo, I think) as a case and point. The NRA, Remington and many others who push gun owners rights slaughtered him for a single misrepresented remark. Despite the years of support and good he had done for gun rights and the sport of hunting. Sort of killing our own there.

This is America and each of us is allowed to have our own opinion and not have others opinions forced upon us. Which I feel the NRA and other gun control lobbyists do at times.

SJ
If you go on the premise that all gunowners are members of the family, you'd have to surmise that Zumbo turned on his own .... and the pack responded. Zumbo is now back in the fold with a little remedial education by Unka Ted! Zumbo gave the antis ammunition to hurt us (gun owners) all! True Zumbo has represented the HUNTERS well for a long time .... but if we ALL (hunters AND shooters) don't stick together on this thing we'll all lose our gun owning rights! Buddy, you really need to realize.......the Second Amendment ain't about hunting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if the NRA isn't fighting for YOUR right to own and bear then just who with more clout is....?????? Huh???? I'll answer it for you.....NOBODY !!!!!!!!

Now I don't agree with all things or ways of the NRA . But name me one organization you're in total agreement with ...... I'll answer that one for you too ....... NONE! The truth of the matter is we are (or should be) individuals with ONE goal ..... the right to own and bear arms......and the NRA is in your corner with alot of clout. But with the more money ($$$$$$$$) they have the more thay are able to influence the political process! Every gun owner in America should ante up the pittance of cash for the yearly dues......or you ain't got a hair on your.....well never mind!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to force an opinion on you or anyone ......... but now is the time for gun owners to stand up and be counted..........what have any of you done to insure your right to own and bear????? The NRA gets the most bang for the buck!!!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gun control

Hitler was also a big advocate on banning guns.
The main reason people want to take our guns away is they know (they are doing) (or have done) (or planning to do) something that would deserve a gun being used against them.
A fine example would be the lawmakers raping the constitution.

Quick Reply: Gun control