Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

no baiting

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no baiting

On our lease,if a poacher is caught,he is taken to jail and let out on bond...no questions answered...then a hefty fine is imposed in a small town court house. 500.00 first offence,1000.00 on the second...and then jail time plus loss of hunting privileges for years.We hunt with the land owner,and its safe to leave our vehicles and ATVs.We have very little problems with poachers.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no baiting

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GunnSmoke

CaptainQuint: it seems that we have the same problem, a guy that boarders the rear of my mothers property is a total *****. about 12 years ago a church group came to our property in the winter time (not hunting season) and a little girl and her mother happened to cross onto his property. they never realized it untill the county sheriff shows up and both of them were arrested for tresspassing. </end quote></div>

Yeah exactly. It isn't like I'm being a crazy property line **** about it. I'm not jumping all over them for getting turned around in the brush and ending up on my side of the fence. These guys can plainly see the fence line. They go clear across my property, nearly a mile, to hunt in my timber. There isn't any timber on the land they lease. At least any timber that you can't see across. The widest piece of tree cover on their lease is maybe 10 or 20 yards across. Maybe. It's a freaking overgrown fence line. That is the extent of their timber. The side of my land they're trespassing on is all timber.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GunnSmoke
now the same guy "leases" his land to city hunters who seem to sit right on the property fence line. you can tell when these guys are shooting at deer because there are 4 shots one right after another, they don't look for there game for more that 5 min. and if they don't find it they quit looking. i can tell you that we find about 3 deer a season in the thick brush where they exipred. there is no use for meat because they have bullet holes riddled throughout them (i mean if they were any good we would donate the meat) </end quote></div>

You should have heard them in my timber the year before last. You would hear an ATV running across the backside of my place, then it would stop and you would hear 5 or 10 shots. The ATV would start up again, drive for a while and then 5 or 10 more shots. I had bullets whizzing over my head and a young boy who I was letting hunt on my property had bullets impact above him on the tree he was sitting under.

These guys are going to have a rude awakening this year. Several of the landowners and farmers around here have had it up to here with them. A bunch of us are going into their deer camp when they show up and tell them how things are going to be. After we're done we're going to have the sheriff and DNR come in and reinforce that fact. I've already told my lawyer to get the paperwork for restraining orders for the people on that lease and an injunction ready for outfitter service. I'm not screwing around anymore. They can either stay on the land they lease or they can get their yankee asses back across the border. They're not welcome here.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no baiting

A couple weeks ago I was holding a party in my woods in NW Mn, with the entrance clearly marked "NO TRESPASSING" when some a-hole from Texas drove a half mile back into MY woods and started bitching about ATV's tearing up the road, saying he was going to call the cops, etc... Fortunately for him, I had left to go shower. Unfortunately for me, my much more polite brother informed him that:

1) The roads where NOT torn up; especially considering the fact that we had approximately 40 ATVs out there earlier that day.
2) YOU are TRESPASSING.
3) Go ahead and call the cops; we'll have YOU charged.

Had it been me I might have dragged his southern *** out of the truck. Dick-head departed and no cops ever showed up, and we partied until 4 a.m. This same individual has been a known trouble maker since he arrived about 7 years ago. Even to the point that when my nephew complained to the authorities when someone destroyed his LEGAL bear baits, dumped bleach all over, and stole his game cameras the warden actually told him it was probable this guy but they had no proof. Cost to my nephew over $1,000.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default no baiting

Some people deserve to killed and fed to coyotes.