Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

My First ATV

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First ATV

So...I have read many threads on this forum and eveyone's input was used to help in the purchase of my first atv. For that I thank each of you no matter what section of this forum you normally hang out in. I will probably spend time in the Yamaha and Utility ATV sections from here out, but I just wanted to stop in and say hey. My wife and I have a horse, and as much as I wanted a sport quad, the utility was just more practical for our needs (towing/hauling). Anyway, I am the new owner of a 2007 Yamaha Grizzly 350 4x4 IRS. It was purchased new last Saturday from a local dealer here in Columbia, South Carolina. We already bought a pull behind spreader/aerator and have attempted to spead manure, but the holes are too small to allow the manure to fall though. Got a dremel and cut off wheels, should be no problem to make that work. My mother lives about 7/10 of a mile from us and we will either take the horse and atv or my 5 yr old will get on his battery atv and ride with us. The ATV is still in stage one of the breakin period (no more than half throttle for first 100 miles). We have had a good time on it so far. While filling it up last night, I couldn't stop the gas from overflowing onto the plastics and now the shiny finish on the ATV is now gone. Not a huge deal since it's for working, but it is still new. I pulled it out of the garage last night and washed it down, but what will bring back the shiny finish?

Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the new machine and welcome to the forums. Not sure what will restore the shine of your plastics.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome cphines! Try using some furniture polish like Pledge on it, It works good on the plastics!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome enjoy the new ride.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums.