Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

new from WI

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from WI

Im new to the site and would like to say hi. Ive been a member for a week or so, and figure i might as well break the ice. As for my ride I recently bought a 1993 polaris 2X4 250 for 200 bucks and am fixing it for some recreational rides I want to do. For the most part it moves under its own power but still has its quirks. So far the site seems very informative and looks like a good place to roam.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome from another Wisconsinite. Once you get er fixed up & not far up the road is Millston & lots of good riding.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

welcome, i am a bit south just into illinois from you. hope you enjoy your ride and the forum. sounds like a good deal. i picked up a 92 4x4 polaris in mazo for $250. it is a nice quad for the age and parts are easy to find. nice quad to work on. nothing too difficult.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys for the welcome. I was actually thinkin of riding Necedah wildlife refuge about 15 miles from me as soon as I get my atv going and my brother in laws rincon running right for him so we can both go, dont like the idea of riding alone... Also was thinkin of checking out black river falls this summer when i get the chance as I read on here its a good place.
Yeah for the money and it ran, I really didnt want to pass up the polaris. so far rebuilt carb, rebuilt starter, bought a bunch of needed parts like motor mounts(previous owner thought welding random crap to the steel motor brackets would hold) and two new tires for the front. Still needs some brake work, cant get the bleeders out so Im thinkin used calipers, I was also thinkin of just blocking off the rear line to the caliper so I can control the fronts with the hand brake and rears with the foot pedal. But otherwise something that I can beat around on without the cost of a loan and worry of putting that first war wound on a new quad.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

never been to necedah, but last summer i was in black river falls camping for the weekend at an "adult" establishment. what a place. gonna take the quads this summer with us to ride and have fun at night.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums, always nice to have more guys from Wisconsin in here. hope you get the quad running soon.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

hello wisconsin........we got our mastiff 7 yrs ago in mauston.