Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New to quads in Northern CA looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to quads in Northern CA looking for advice

Hello all. While I don't yet have a quad I will be buying one in the next two weeks. I have been coming into the ATVConnection Forums for several weeks looking for as much info as I can get. I am impressed with the willing help you all provide and would like adivice on my purchase.

I live in the Trinity National forest in far Northern California on 6 acres of heavily treed property. Our cabin is on about the only flat land on the parcel. We have been here for nearly 10 years and draging chicken feed, litter, bales of hay, wood, rock, dirt and gravel is getting more and more difficult as I age. Not to mention shoveling snow and a near useless snow blower. My neighbor has a Suzuki 400 w/ a snow plow and finds good use for his quad thoughout the rest of the year. So...duh! it dawns on me I need a quad runner to help around the place.

Don't plan on to much trail riding even though there are 100's of miles of logging roads and skid road through out my area, but cruising on them might be fun. However, like my neighbor my quad may never leave the property.

At this time I am considering Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris and Honda. I have gleaned from the forums that I realy can't go wrong with any of them. The dealers are all over an hour away from my location so my shopping has been infrequent and short. Hopeing to pay under $7000 out the door with quad, wench and plow.

Should I add CanAm to the above list?

Any and all advice appreciated

Joe

Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
You will get more responses in the "Buying an ATV" section.
Can-Am? Not for what you say you want to use it for. JMO!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums

Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome, and good luck with your purchase!