Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011 | 10:59 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Hello

Hi all. My name is Scott and live near Dayton Ohio and I am looking to get back into ATV's and MX bikes and I thought I would sgin up.

I am an old man at 41 and spent my youth rideing and raceing. BUT 10 years back I started having kids and now have 3 little ones and stoped doing everything and got fat and lasy.

Well it is time to get myself and kids into the fun life of outdoor riding. I am thinking of going with 2 ATV's first so I can ride during the winter. Winter rideing was so fun and I loved it when I was in my 20's. And I will be doing mostly trail rideing for the most part.

I am going to be asking a lot of questions from you experts about what ATV to get (and I will be buying soon) and where to ride and what will work best for an old man like me.

I am thinking a Honda 400EX or the like for me and the 4 year old in my lap at this point then something smaller for the 7 and 9 year old to share like a 250 Mojave (used to start with till I see how the kids like it). I dont know if they make a 1 up that would make for a good sport ride for me and a small kid. It has been so long and I am lost on newer ATV stuff.

I can not WAIT to get my first ride in. I sold all my bikes and quads 8 years back and rode my last ride 9 years back and raced my last race 10 years back (hare scramble).

God I miss it and I can not wait to roll though the woods again even though it will be much slower this time.

I look forward to talking to you all soon!

Old 10-24-2011 | 11:18 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Welcome to the forums.

I remember when 41 seemed old.

Old 10-24-2011 | 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Welcome to the forums.

Old 10-25-2011 | 07:09 AM
Super Moderator