Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

I Crashed

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Crashed

Bleeding in a Ditch
Have you ever been in need of a band-aid that will really stick but you just couldn't find the right one? I know I have and it was not a pleasant experience. Accident prone people need to discover that Band-Aid brand is better than other adhesive bandages, which is something I found out the hard way as I was dying in a ditch the Spring of 2010.
I was having the most awesome time chasing after my brother while we were ATVing in the woods. We whizzed around trees and dipped into ditches as we approached the most dangerous hill on the run. I had ridden down the hill a thousand times before so I had no worries. I raced down the hill and the only thought that went through my head as the branch hit my visor was, “Uh-Oh”, and then suddenly I was airborne.
Earlier that day we were on our way to the dunes.
“This is going to be awesome!” I shouted.
“Quiet back there!” my dad yelled. Our crummy little van was barely making up the hill we had to go up to get to the lake. But finally, we were there and it was time for the fun to commence. As we arrived in the parking lot it was all hands on deck to get the quads unloaded and ready to ride. As soon as everything was done we grabbed our gear and mounted up.
“Lets head out!” the leader of our pack shouted, and we were off. We raced down a long stretch of sand about three football fields long. At the end of it there was a very steep ledge and at the top of it was a forested area that you could ride through. It was my personal favorite area to ride in so I went all out. I zipped in and out of the trees and performed loops around the bases. And thats when I saw him. My brother, Cameron who was about 22 at the time, was only about ten yards away from me and going in the same direction. At this point I chose to follow him. At first we weren’t doing anything cool just some jumps and cookies. Then he decided he wanted to see how good I had gotten at riding, so he took off like a speeding bullet. Suddenly the chase was on.
I was having the most awesome time chasing after my brother. We whizzed around trees and dipped into ditches as we approached the most dangerous hill on the run. I had ridden down the hill a thousand times before so I had no worries. The only thought that went through my head as a stick hit my visor was, “Uh-Oh”, and then suddenly I was airborne. After that, everything was black and all I remember was a full-on collision with something, and a very long fall down to the ground.
The next thing I remembered was waking up in a ditch with a jagged stick on one side of me and a tire two inches away on the other. I remained motionless for about a minute and I suddenly felt a sharp agonizing pain in my forearm. I looked down to see blood pouring out of my arm as if there was no tomorrow. By the time the group got there I was starting to get dizzy from the blood loss.
“Get me a Band-Aid!” I shouted as everyone gathered around.
“What do you need? Can I get you something: water or food? Are you hurt?” my mom started to ask. I guess she hadn't noticed my arm yet or she would have been freaking out.
“NO I NEED A FREAKING BANDAID, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?” I screamed at the top of my lungs. My dad had just arrived with some cheap off-brand bandage. I slapped it on as quickly as possible but it only stayed on for a few seconds. Next he was giving me the Band-Aid brand butterfly bandages and almost as soon as I applied it the bleeding stopped. “Well that’s much better don’t you think?” I asked, relieved that I wasn't about to die of blood loss. After all that we rode for another few hours and my Band-Aid held tight for the entire time.
So what accident prone people need to discover is that Band-Aid brand is much better that the off brand because, believe it or not, Band-Aid brand is stuck on me.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he was slowly loosing blood at an alarmingly fast pace....he's stuck on Band-Aid.
Welcome to ATVConnection oxymoron

Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome