Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Thanks for the invite to the website. I live in the north metro of Minneapolis.

Just bought an ATV and looking for a place in the Brainerd area to put in a few miles this coming weekend. Most trails on the MnDNR site aren't open until May.

I have MN ATV registration, but not sure if we can ride ditches on State and County roads, like we do with sleds. Right now, I just want to log in a few miles...even on a forest road. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 04-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If you haven't already done so, try posting in the Where to Ride section. May get a few more hits. And, welcome to the forums.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!

Old 04-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings Vikingfan: I lived in Minnesota for many years, west metro for me and then Delano. We moved to Colorado a while ago for family reasons. I got interested in the ATV hobby out here through some new friends who have been riding for years. I hope to go on my first trail ride in the near future.

I believe Minnesota allows ATVs on secondary roads in certain locales (not the metro of course.) I believe you can find some scenic gravel roads and take a few hour ride to put some hours on your machine. I wish we had a more friendly ATV law in Colorado. States like Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, and about 15 others do have ATV friendly laws. Some folks ride their ATVs to work or grocery store like you might a motorcycle.

I understand ATVs are not welcome in the ditches like snowmobiles are. I had a friend in Watertown, MN, who rode his side by side around town all the time. He had a permit to do so. So check out what you can do with your ATV in Minnesota. I think it is more than we can in Colorado.

David

Old 04-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone!