Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member

Hi,

im a 67 yr old who lives in new Orleans, I have been riding Harleys since 1964 - my currect ride is a 79 FXE that's 100 ci and has STD panheads on a shovel bottom,,

im here because I got a mini chopper for my grandson and hope to get the bike running -- im having issues with the wiring . maybe some of you more skilled can give me a hand.. this motor is a 125cc it has only 3 wires coming out the case next to the sprocket if your looking at the cdi box it has a pink wire on the bottom right - on the bottom center is a purple -- and the top right is a pink/baby blue -- its a 5 pin connector--

the other wiring harness is a box with 4 wires top right is a yellow -- bottom right is a blue/red -- left bottom is a blue/white and top left is a white -- now it has a green wire that has a male connector on it also--

im totally lost - if I can get spark and the battery to charge in can figure the rest-- seems to me its missing a body harness from the 2 controls on the handle bars -- this bike has a single disc brake on the front and a cable brake shoes on the rear -- its a older mini chopper -

im hoping one of you wizards can help

thanks Rob

Old 05-18-2017, 06:35 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

My guess is this is using a chinese motor. You might ask this over in the Chinese
section here.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!

Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi fatal error: You are a looong time Harley enthusiasts. A very long time!

I don't know what a "mini chopper" is. It's not likely a child's false teeth. Maybe it's a mini bike made to look like a hot rodded Harley.

As you know, this is a All Terrain Vehicle forum where we discuss problems with ATVs, 4 wheelers as some call them. You'll be lucky to find someone with motorcycle mechanical experience, but we shall see. You never know. There are lots of members here.

None the less, you are always welcome...

David

Old 05-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring

lol yeah david my first Harley was a 1939 knucklehead -- I was 14 -- I have had a dozen or so knucks and several 1930's flatheads 74 and 80" -- I had over 20 panheads in my day - more than 20 panhead bottom ends (1948 to 1965) with shovelheads on them - had 2 flathead krm sportsters - probably over 20 1970 and later shovels -- in the 1980's I was building big inch Harleys that were over 100 ci - I have 1 now that has 2 front heads and a carb per head - like the XR 1000 but a shovelhead and home made.. my current bike has STD (google that ) panheads with dual spark plugs its 11:1 CR and has compression releases - a leinweber L-3 cam , its around 100 to 110 HP--

yeah this bike of my grandsons has a 125cc engine that I got from MOTOPARTSMAX.COM -- its electric start and automatic the CDI is a A/C not D/C -- I think theres a mid section wiring harness missing - if I can find out how to get spark and make the battery charge they rest is nothing -- I need to know how to test for power to the coil and what to check to see if its charging..

thanks Rob