Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

polaris scrambler gas in motor issue?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris scrambler gas in motor issue?!

Hey guys im new to this forum as ive been relentlessly searching for help with my 99 polaris scrambler 500 4x4. I got this atv about 2 years ago and its had TONS of work put into it and it ran amazing those past few years i used it almost everyday every season up until this summer when i went to get it trail ready for riding and it was a little boggy and sure enough the carb was gummy and needle/seat were worn so got a carb kit and rebuilt it. It ran AMAZING...left town for a week went to hop on an ride and it wouldn't start, leaked gas everywhere 😕. Took it apart amd redid it again and leaked no gas but wouldnt start but this time it keeps dumping GAS IN WITH THE MOTOR OIL!!? Please help guys cause summers arent long and i wana go out and tear up trails and such any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Old 06-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Shindy makes the best carb kit but think you have other problems. Always turn the fuel valve off on older models whether 2 or 4 stroke after use as gas can flow straight into the engine whether fuel to the carb is by gravity or even if it has a fuel pump like the 500 has. The BST40 is a hard carb to set the float level on and must be set right or it will overflow or dump fuel into the engine.Carb must be turned side ways until the float tab barely touches the float needle plunging pin. The float should be parallel with the carb bowl at this point.You can adjust the float tab by bending it up or down.Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Attached Thumbnails polaris scrambler gas in motor issue?!-s-l1600.jpg   polaris scrambler gas in motor issue?!-2471649347_b2a1a773d6.jpg  
Old 06-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.