Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

SKA Aggie Mom

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SKA Aggie Mom

I have a question for Old Polaris Tech. We have a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP. We are having trouble with is starting up. Last time it was ridden it did just fine and then when we went to start it back up it wouldn't start. All the electrical works fine. Does not click when turning ignition. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

Old 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums. You want to post this in the Polaris section where OPT will see it.

My only question would be if it has the original battery. If it does that might going dead. Fuel injected quads need more juice to run that carburetor machines do. I had a 2006 Sportsman X2 that developed a similar problem and a new battery solved it.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the forums. +1 on what MooseHenden just said along with checking for spark. Some of the 2011 850s were just as bad as the first year models on fouling plugs if you gave them any kind of throttle before they cranked up and warmed up a little. Others may have a better NGK crossover plug in place of the crappy Champion(my 2 cents on this) REA8MCX. Just looked and supposedly this one will cross over.https://www.rrproducts.com/NGK-Spark...A-product52875 Might be a little tough to find?

Old 11-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Welcome to the forums. +1 on what MooseHenden just said along with checking for spark. Some of the 2011 850s were just as bad as the first year models on fouling plugs if you gave them any kind of throttle before they cranked up and warmed up a little. Others may have a better NGK crossover plug in place of the crappy Champion(my 2 cents on this) REA8MCX. Just looked and supposedly this one will cross over.https://www.rrproducts.com/NGK-Spark...A-product52875 Might be a little tough to find?
I agree on the Champion plug. NGK is a better plug hands down. I even switched over with NGK's on my chainsaws. Made a world of difference.