Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

former member needs Chinese quad info

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default former member needs Chinese quad info

Hello, Gents,,,well, after some time away from my many projects I'm trying to get back in the realm of things. For the last 3 years, I been taking care of my wife of 53 years after she developed many health issues that finally took her away.
My youngest Son had bought his son a Trailmaster Mini XRX 2 seater glorified Go Cart. Had lots of issues with all the dang electrical until I finally found a guy on internet that solved all his issues but disconnecting all that BS like horn, turn signals, lights, remote "safety" kill keyfob, All he had was a push start button and a toggle switch for OFF/ON of engine. I like it much better, nice and simple!! LOL.
My current issue is engine started to get very hard to start and I traced it to a 30 pound compression problem. Took the head off hoping the valves might be leakin but after a gasoline leak ttest,,both valves held good. SOooo,,next is remove piston to check for broken rings or,?? Removed the piston and all the rings WERE STUCK HARD,,,!!! Cylinder is NOT scored a bit so whatever happened just started. I was finally able to coax the rings loose from piston and looks like they were "CARBON" stuck. Chucked the piston in my lathe and used fine dry sandpaper and got the lands cleaned and rings now will slide around the lands good. The end gap on the rings in the mid part of piston is .040 per feeler gauge. and I figured since I got it tore down I would install new rings,,,,BUT I CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT RINGS,,!! The used rings are .95 MM thick and a vendor on Ebay tells me his rings for that engine are 1.45 MM,,,!! That's almost .50 MM too thick.
Does anybody here have a distributor that supplies parts for these engines??
SORRY for the long winded post but I've been up and down on the internet and aain't found what I need.!! THANKS in Advance. Joe r