Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Works fronts

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Works fronts

I was thinking about ordering some work front shocks for my mojave! i just wanted to knwo if any one has them and hwo they have made out with them? thanks!

Old 05-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Works fronts

I have Works shocks on the front of my Lakota. They are dual rate with threaded preload and remote rezzies. Much better than stock. For the price, you can't beat them, but if I had it to do over, I think I would try Elka.

Old 05-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Range Rover
Default Works fronts

I had some bad experiences with Works front struts on my Scrambler. To be honest, I'd never purchase anything they make again. They are certainly cheaper for a reason!

Old 05-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Works fronts

Ya I want elkas but i cant seem to find them any where!
and where did you get the works with the rezzies! i can only find ones with out them!

Old 05-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Works fronts

I got them through Dennis Kirk. Check out The Qu@dshop. They carry all lines of shocks, Elka, Works, Axis, TCS, PEP. They have very good deals too.

Old 05-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default Works fronts

If you go with Works, order directly from them. That way you will get shocks made for your specific application. They will build them for your quad, rider weight and riding style. The shocks ordered through large mail order catalogs are all tuned in a non-specific manner. You can order any option that you want on the shocks through Works. You can get rezzies, threaded bodies, dual rate, triple rate, etc. I just put a set of Steelers on the front of my Tecate-4 that were specifically dialed in for that bike and my application. I am very happy with their performance. Also, the Works shocks have a check ball and spring design instead of flexing steel washers, which produces a lot less heat then any other shock. Of course, heat produces shock fade and degraded performance.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Works fronts

How woudl i go about ordering the shocks right from them?

Old 05-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Works fronts

Just head over to worksperformance.com and enter their online store. I already checked and they
have shocks listed for the KSF250. They'll prompt you with a bunch of questions so that they can
correctly build your shocks for you. If you want to talk to someone at Works then just give them
a call at (818) 701-1010 .

One thing to keep in mind about shocks is that you can ask 10 different people for their opinion
and you'll get 10 different answers. That's why there's so many different brands out there. If
your budget allows for $1200 shocks then definitely go with nice Elka or PEP shocks. But in my
opinion Works shocks do offer a lot of bang for the buck. I didn't have a lot to spend on shocks
but my stockers needed replacement. So I shopped around and found the best value. So far
they have been a great investment.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Works fronts

Ya well i dont have that much so it looks liek iam gonna be getting works
what type shoudl i get? i seen on there site they have
motocross
woods
tt
trail

Old 05-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Works fronts

That was the same issue that I ran into. I would have loved to buy some really nice Elka's or Pep's but they were just too expensive. I have trail valving, dual rate on mine. I could do some light MX with them but nothing too rigorous. You can jump with them and they've put up with a lot of abuse so far. Your best bet would be to give Works a call and talk to somebody over there. They should be able to give you a good description on the different valving that they offer.

Quick Reply: Works fronts