Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

couple of questions about v-force

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions about v-force

first of all i want to say that the v-force is one bad a$$ mother any way i am buying some dual exhaust for my v and i was wondering should i go with a k&n for a 03 prarie or a prarir twin air what do you think is better and do you think i should drill holes in my air box.

My next question is with hmf duals jet kit and a new filter and whatever i do with the air box what kind of horspower gains can i expect will this give me any edge over my buddys piped and jettewd raptor. He normally beats me by about two quad lengths will i be able to beat him

Last question is if you ar standing in front of the quad and looking at it what way to you turn the spanner wrench to tighten or stiffen the suspension

Well that all i need any help you can give me would be great thanx

Old 06-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer

Well i have had this post up for two days and have had no help please give me some advise

Old 06-15-2003, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't got a clue to your questions really. I just seen nobody had responded yet and I just wanted to say that I would think if he's only beating you by two quads then the dual exhaust and a different air filter would give you the edge over your buddy. I was wondering does he really just beat you by two quads with his piped and jetted? I kind of thought it would be more because I've heard a stock raptor will win by two quads or more in a quarter mile race. How far was the race you guys were in? I know the v-force is supposed to pull harder than the raptor at first but then I heard the raptor would go by it and win by a little bit on top end.

Old 06-16-2003, 03:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have read that the air box on the V-Force is already pretty free and open. I have also read that some dual exhaust set-ups actually LOSE horsepower. You should be able to do a forum search and come up with many posting on your questions.

As for tightening the front springs- You want the angled spring base on the botton of the spring the be on the lowest notch. This will stiffen it up. (I think it will be rotating to your right as you look at it)