Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 700 announced

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 700 announced

I must be losing it here guys. I went to Kawi's site today and the P-700 is announced for 2004. Then I came here to see all the buzz on it and there is nothing. Are you all alright out there? I'm a little upset with the front end on it. It's looking a little bit like a Rincon too me. The thing looks great overall though. Cant wait to see one. Too bad I cant get one for a few yeas now though.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

gtchief

There's been 4 or 5 different post about the new Prairie 700 on the board. Browse down a couple of pages and you will find them.

I do agree, the front end does look great. I'm anxious to see a new one to see how easy a front end swap would be.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

kawi,
I know there are some other ones on here. I just really expected there to be a lot more. What does everyone think this is going to do to current parts availability?

Old 06-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Considering that the 700 is built off the old 650, and it's not an "all new" quad meaning it carries over a lot of the old with the new, there probably won't be a need for major parts development time on it. I would imagine most of the stuff for the P650 should bolt right onto the P700.

Old 06-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

thats what I figured and was hoping. maybe we'll get really lucky and the new plastic and bumper will bolt right up. the bumper on my 02 is pretty beaten and isnt the strongest thing out there. Do you think th 700 will produce much more heat if any? If it does then they probably had to find a way to improve cooling a little bit. Bigger engine also has more power, which means good bye to the belt. Anyone know if they improved the belt for the 04 to handle the power? Hopefully we'll have a lot of interchangeable parts if the improved anything.

Old 06-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Except for some of the electronics stuff, I've been told all the parts will switch over. I personally don't like the front bumper, it provides less protection and looks way too much like a Rincon as stated above. Mine will be here soon and I'm keeping my bumpers and plastic and giving the dealer my 2002 Prairie with all the 700 plastics and bumpers on the 650.

Old 06-14-2003, 05:56 AM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench, Im not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything, just curious. If most of the change is in the bumper and plastic but your not keeping the bumper and plastic why are you buying a new one? If just for the 64cc wouldnt it be much cheaper to just get a bore kit? Also just a thought I bet there would be many people willing to buy your plastic and bumper from the 04 and give you there 02 plastic and bumper for the trade in bike. Might make some extra money doing this. My buddy has a 02 that looks perfect, (only has 43 miles though) and he loves the looks of the new ones, im sure there are plenty like him that would buy.

Old 06-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

i'll sell you my pastic , i got an '03 650 two weeks ago for a $1000 less than the 700 would cost me in july. i see they are using realtree hardwood now instead of advantage classic . i guess there wont be any rack bags in advantage now . as far as power is concerned , how much more is 64 cc really going to give you ?with trail riding do you really use it all ? I'd rather see fuel injection than a bigger motor !

Old 06-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

I have full team green, lime green plastics, I also have the custom bumpers front and rear that I have built. If you have never seen my 650 Prairie PM me and I will send you picks,,, you will see why I'm keeping my stuff.
rivermud,,,,I know you are not being a smart a$$ but here is why I'm doing things the way I am,,, check out what the 2002 650 Prairies are worth and are selling for right now,,, what do you think is gonna happen with the prices of a used 650 Prairie in a few months after everyone knows about the 700 Prairie????? I'm getting rid of it while the prices are still fairly good! I knew about the 700 coming out for over 2 months now and have just been waiting,, it would have made no diff. to me if it was 650 or 700 tho,,, I was planning on getting rid of the 02 Prairie for an 04 Prairie, just happens that it is a 700 so that is a bonus!!!!!!!!! Have you priced the big bore kits? I have,, Mike Penland told me for $2000 he would make my 650 into a true 700 with the stroked crank and all... For that price I'm getting a 2004 700 Prairie! I also know of the other big bores out there and they are just that,, big bore kits, they do not change the stroke of the crank. Now I will have the longer stroke crank and now I can go with a big bore that will be a real monster!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

I think the front end look's cool, Its made from some thick plastic and has a big round bar that runs across , only they had some trouble geting the plastic to fit , The back rack is differant allso and dose not look as strong as the 650's rack.
Hope the back rack just looks that way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
All in all i think the 700 looks vary cool.

Quick Reply: Prairie 700 announced