Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Blown fuse in V-force

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown fuse in V-force

FYI:

Just a heads up for all Vforce owners. While riding Armargossa Sand Dunes this weekend with a few of my friends, one of my buddies who also has a Vforce turned up missing for awhile. It turned out he was riding one of the back bowls when his V just quit running and wouldnt restart. We looked closely at the bike for a loose wire and checked the glass fuse under the seat. No luck. After a little more looking around we noticed that the wire that the glass fuse holder is inline with had been pinched and shorted out at the fuse holder. After a little more looking around there is a 30 Amp automotive style fuse (i believe ATO or ATX style) under the seat as well (under one of the black covers). Anyway Kawasaki didnt bother to include an extra fuse as a back up anywhere on the bike, in the tool kit, etc, only the glass fuse. We went back to the truck and of course the truck used the same style only smaller in size. That didnt help us any. So after a ride back to the general store to pick up some fuses he was back riding again. So keep some 30 amp fuses with you just in case!!

Ken