Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just got my ALIEN duals on.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my ALIEN duals on.........

Even better than I expected. I wasn't expecting much down low, but throttle response is improved and new power is everywhere. Not enough flat ground to wind it out, but I definitely think I've got something more for my brother's Banshee next time we line them up. Now it sounds like what a 700 twin should sound like, I was getting tired of piped 300ex's sounding better than the V.

DMC Aliens - Rear

DMC Aliens - Side

Old 06-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Was jetting a big problem? What other mods do you have? Pipes look great!

Old 06-18-2003, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

How much did ya get the aliens for? and where? those are REALLY nice looking on your bike btw [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Kevinm
Great looking. Please tell my about the increase in noicelevels

Old 06-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

I PAID 450 FOR MINE and i am jetted 160-165 and it screams so i dont know about all the smaller jet thing in other post on here but i also have air box mods and some other things.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I AM ABOUT 800 ft sorry my vforce runs good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

ive heard that the dmc duels sound almost like a V8, is this true?. Also what are the DB reading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey KevinM..
Congrads on your DMC:s they look sweet. Unfortunately, it will be a while until I can afford a set of pipes, so for now I want to change to a brown spring like you did so I can finally give theese cocky banshee riders a run for their money. Is it a complicated thing to do? I'm no mechanic, but it doesn"t seem like it would be that difficult to change a little spring right? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Recommended jetting was 138/140, but I've got 12 1" univents in the airbox so I'm starting out at 138/142 and I'll work it out from there.
Paid $575 for them with free shipping at RockyMT.
They are loud, but I'd say a little quieter than the HMF's. You're not going to pass any sound checks with these, but they sound sweeeeet. Deep and loud, but not obnoxious. First thing my stepdad said was its the best sounding 4-stroke he's ever heard. If enough people are interested, I can probably take my laptop out in the garage and make a sound file of the duals.

Changing the primary spring is very easy. Just pull off the clutch cover, remove the small bolts on the outside of the primary cover and then remove the large center bolt. It is a REVERSE threaded bolt, so make sure you turn it the right way.
As far as the brown spring, it seems the specs on the brown spring you can buy now may not be the same as the one I've had for a few years. Just looking at the specs it looks like the Polaris yellow or Polaris white may be better to start with. I've got a purple primary I'm going to test and I'm going to see if I can round up a white and maybe an orange to test also. The spring makes a huge difference on how these thing pull on top.

My brother didn't like how close I was to him, so he bought a Pro Design Coolhead for his Banshee. Should be a real interesting race now.

Old 06-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help KevinM. I for one would like to hear the sound of those dmc's and please let me know which color primary spring to use. Thanks...

Quick Reply: Just got my ALIEN duals on.........