Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

small clanking noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small clanking noise

when i ride on bumpy hills and just over terriain sometimes i hear a clanking noise, not too loud but i hear it. i just got the v and this is my first time trail riding it. maybe i am parrinoid let me know!#$#($ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hey kill..
I really dont think there is anything to worry about . I was also concerned when I first got my V. Whenever I'm off the throttle and going on a bumpy surface is when I can really hear it. Its just the nature of the beast having a CVT tranny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I have same sounds, but everyone who has owned a CVT says it's normal. Dealer says it is normal also. I am not going to worry about it until it gives me a reason....

Old 06-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

dealer said it is a ok [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he said no worries just ride on and have fun i also must add that i love my v to death and it is so bloddy fast stock i cant wait till i can afford some mods!#$)(U#)(UQ$)(#@()I342 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I believe the v-force has the same tranny as the 650, so the noise you are hearing is the lash between the gears in the tranny. The gears are straight cut, so every time a guy gets on the gas---clash, and every time you get off the gas----clash. When you are going over a lot of small bumps, you get a lot of noise as the gears are constantly bashing back and forth on each other.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thank god... i thought my p650 had something wrong with it. Went to the unithas riding and there is a lot of rocks on the trails so its on the gas off the gas and lots of bumps.

Old 06-19-2003, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

yes he refered to it as just standered backlash [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

Hallo guys,
I'v got my prairie since monday and I was wondering the same , so nothing to worry about?
I can notice this noise just going extremely low when releasing the gas and over small bump as you said..

Old 06-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

one thing MASTERBLASTR left out, ( no offense ) is that straight cut gears are stronger & more efficient ( power wise ) than angle cut gears...most of you guys that are running the 700's are probably used to chains & sprockets, so I'm sure there is alot of unusual noises that you are hearing... this things drive train is basically bullet proof ( field tested by 2 years worth of 650 Prairie abuse ) ride on man...Have A Good One >>> WAM

Old 06-20-2003, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

lol i just laid my v force on its side today, still riding ,like a beast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i few battle scars just make it run better

Quick Reply: small clanking noise